• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
RPM Motorsports

Transfer case & Drag racing

Is anybody looking into ways to get the T case out of 4x4 while drag racing? I know it's impossible now, but what if internals were changed (I.E. straight cut gears, if that would work)? I dont know the internal workings yet, but there has to be something that can be done. anybody have any ideas, other then "It just can't be done".

Im thinking Launch in 4x4 and in 2nd or 3rd have EFI somehow disingage 4x. If EFI will not work, then use the 4x push button. I've heard that 4x is up to 25% loss of power. It would be sweet to be able to free it up;). Like I said, I dont know the internal working of the T-case, But I think this is the next area to be researched in our trucks.

RANDY    0

I think the only prob. your gonna have with a design is like now, when it's under pressure it won't disengage until you relieve the pressure (such as slowing down). Under pressure is going to be a hard one to do IMO.

RANDY    0

If your coasting it will dissengage, but under alot of torque it won't. At a cruise as soon as the load is off, it will disengage.

nate    0

I can't see 4wd drawing 25% more power.

You could pull it out of 4wd with a load if you have a manual shift T Case, but I'm not about ready to lean down to the floor and yank it back while trying to race! Do any of the Duramaxes have manual shift T Cases even, or all are electronic?