KRP

FIREBIRD!

Steve and I talked about this a little bit last night, but we should get together for a night(or more) at Firebird for some drag racing. They don't have the new schedule up yet so no dates. They have grudge races several times a year which would be fun. I think they also have club challenges which would be a good time if a few of us showed up. I'm pretty sure those are bracket races so ET doesn't matter you just try to be consistant. The swap meet and warm up are scheduled for April 7th according to the website so any of you guys that are interested let's talk.

Oh, and to BigDan97, you called me out before so let's get it on! :wink:

Guest Mopar1973Man

I would love to get into a good gentlemen's race... I'm game for it... I know I don't have much to brag about but at least I'm willing to give it a shot...

Now the question is how much money $$$ and when is it??? :roll:

Guest Mopar1973Man
Nate, i got a 100.00 that says Tom spanks you this summer at firebird. His truck runs pretty good, i have driven it.

Steve

Oh S__t!!! Here we go... The money is coming out and betting is going on... I have a feeling Tom's truck in so slouch... :shock: Becareful who you going up against...

I think this is going to be fun to just watch... :D

Nate, i got a 100.00 that says Tom spanks you this summer at firebird. His truck runs pretty good, i have driven it.

Steve

Hey.... I don't know what all nate has done to his truck. And remember my truck is pretty dang heavy at 7,100lbs vs whatever nate's weighs. Only way to find out for sure is drive the 1320 at full throttle.

Has Nate got 4x4 and an automatic?

Tom might need some traction bars and a set of slicks to get out of the hole quick.

Has Nate got 4x4 and an automatic?

Tom might need some traction bars and a set of slicks to get out of the hole quick.

Yeah, my biggest enemy is traction. If I had a 4x4 I coud launch up around 20 PSI. As it stands now, I'll be lucky if I can get anywhere near 10 PSI.

I don't think I could even build 20psi of boost without the truck outpowering the brakes. :lol:

Those 6.0s are pretty quick stock. We had a couple "bobtails" with them. Compared to the 7.3l it was night and day.

The first time I drove a 7.3L truck I fired it up and went to go.... well it wouldn't move. I go back in the shop and tell my boss I think there's something wrong with it... maybe the brakes froze up.

Ended up nothing was wrong, just took that much pedal for it to move!!

One day I was pulling 2 bomb trailers up a grade with the 7.3L. I'd say the trailers are 4000-5000 each roughly and the bombs are ~550lbs ea. 24 of them. So ~23,000lbs. I had that Powerstroke down in 1st gear, WOT and she BARELY made it. Black smoke chugging out of it, looked like I was pulling a sled haha. I thought the motor was going to blow, it was making a terrible racket, but I could not stop because they were live bombs on a fairly busy road.

I had to shut it down at the top cause the thing was extremely hot, pegged the temp guage for engine and trans! Hill wasn't even 1/4 mile long, maybe a 7-8% grade.

Took a Dodge 12v the next time and I made it up with minimal effort. Hehe.

I don't think I could even build 20psi of boost without the truck outpowering the brakes. :lol:

Those 6.0s are pretty quick stock. We had a couple "bobtails" with them. Compared to the 7.3l it was night and day.

The first time I drove a 7.3L truck I fired it up and went to go.... well it wouldn't move. I go back in the shop and tell my boss I think there's something wrong with it... maybe the brakes froze up.

Ended up nothing was wrong, just took that much pedal for it to move!!

One day I was pulling 2 bomb trailers up a grade with the 7.3L. I'd say the trailers are 4000-5000 each roughly and the bombs are ~550lbs ea. 24 of them. So ~23,000lbs. I had that Powerstroke down in 1st gear, WOT and she BARELY made it. Black smoke chugging out of it, looked like I was pulling a sled haha. I thought the motor was going to blow, it was making a terrible racket, but I could not stop because they were live bombs on a fairly busy road.

I had to shut it down at the top cause the thing was extremely hot, pegged the temp guage for engine and trans! Hill wasn't even 1/4 mile long, maybe a 7-8% grade.

Took a Dodge 12v the next time and I made it up with minimal effort. Hehe.

I know I can't build 20 PSI.... at about 18psi the rear tires break loose. I know the 4x4 guys come close to 20 PSI off the line

Yeah no joke.

I can actually stop better towing my ~7500lb trailer cause the trailer brakes are way better than the truck brakes :lol:

Yeah no joke.

I can actually stop better towing my ~7500lb trailer cause the trailer brakes are way better than the truck brakes :lol:

I like you nate... you take well to needling

Guest Mopar1973Man
We all know Dodge has had those lousy brakes for a long time.

speak for yourself... I've got excellent brakes... As a matter of fact I still got stock brakes shoes at 97K miles and never wore them out...

Can you say exhaust brake??? :lol: