• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
Guest ShanesLB7

Fox 2.0 Reservoirs installed!!!! W/Pics

9 posts in this topic

Well I got a free afternoon yesterday thanks to Idaho awesome ephin weather so I toor into replacing the stock shocks with some fox 2.0 remote reservoir shocks... The fronts are temporarely mounted at the moment til monday I can't decide where to put em I like em where they are now but not sure if the inner fender is strong enough? I might try it for a while but I need to get some clamps to clamp em down good!! Not sure how they ride I only went two blocks today but the truck doesn't hardly squat now with the trailer.. Plus I need to get em filled with nitrogen monday so that should help... Rears went on super easy took 45 minutes total plus an hour to go to town to get a new cell phone since mine fell out of my pocket and I ran it over!!!:-(:thumbup: Driver's side front was cake... Passenger side not so much.. I had to take the twins apart to get to the shock tower in the mean time I was looking down into my s400 and though you know I should put a rag or tape over that hole.... just as my 3/4 in socket fell and bammmola (EDIT) (EDIT)(EDIT):-(:nono::shock::evil: right down the god damn turbo... Thank god for magnetic extensions except it tool me 45 minutes to find that... LOL anyways got it all back together and looks good!!!

coolpic096.jpg

coolpic095.jpg

coolpic094.jpg

coolpic093.jpg

Damn sounds like a day that I would of had Shane..........:-? But good to hear you got them done and are happy with them, looks good!!8-)

Justin

Yeah man, I'm LOL with you. Sounds just like some of my adventures. Except maybe not realizing the socket is down in there where it shouldn't be, 'till it's too late! Or thinking it's down in there when it isn't and you can't get it out; no matter how hard you try...... Oh boy, what fun.

I'm not sure I would want them on the inner fenders. Not sure how much stress the put on their mount though. You will have to keep an eye on them. Looks good though. You will have to tell us how you like them after running them around for a while.

Yeah I am not totally sold on the inner fender's either but I don't have a welder at my house and didn't have much for options so I improvized.. I like em there because theyre out of the way and would have a chance in hell of being hit or damaged so I might try to come up with a mounting/bracing system... We'll see!!:thumbup: Theyre going on a road test today!!!!8-)

Those look good Shane! :thumbup: now you just need to finish installing everything else you have for it... :lol:$$$

Those look good Shane! :thumbup: now you just need to finish installing everything else you have for it... :lol:$$$

That's an understatement!!! LOL!!!!

Well went for a test run OMG!!!! STock shocks suck !!!! it's like a caddy now... I can't beleive how much smoother they are what a great investment!!!!:thumbup:

Cool! You will have to tell Tim. He just got his '05 or '06 on the road recently. He was just telling me how rough it rode. He had forgotten. I see that he is still driving his DMax. Wonder if a set of those shocks could get him out of it and into the Dodge?

Hey, I got a great welder here at the house. You are welcome to use it anytime (Or any of the rest of you for that matter!). I'm getting low on rods (Yeah, sorry; it is that old stick technology) so you may need to bring some of your own.... BYOR.... That is just strange! We may be able to come up with something for a bracket if you like.