• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
twistedjack

help!!! fuel problems?

twistedjack    0

Okay guys I got my 94 12valve running off a 5gallon can after I switched the lines to the tank on the truck it ran fine for 30-60 seconds then started running rough and then died. I think I didn't have enough in the tank for the pump to prime. Now I cannot get it running again. I loosened the injector lines and that doesn't work. I am sure it is primed to the injection pump because i loosened banjo fitting on the pump and pushed the primer and fuel came out the line so i tightened it up and tried to start it again still nothing:-x

twistedjack    0

alright after like a thousand pumps on that primer I finally got it but now I have a second problem. My son was helping me and I wasn't watching and he grabbed the wrong can of fuel and dumped about 3-4 gallons of gasoline in the tank. I already had 8-10 gallons of diesel in there so now the truck smokes blue and misses when you give it throttle. So the question is the tank of fuel ruined or can I add 9-10 more gallons and thin the gas down enough to be able to use it.

RANDY    0

I'd probably drain the tank thru the pump, and start over.. I had to do that with an 01 since it had unleaded in the tank. It's a pain but then atleast you know you won't be wasting anymore diesel by adding 10 more gallons and it not running right...

millco    8

And fill the tank with diesel! I've seen higher concentrations that didn't seem to do any harm. Adding the extra lube is a good idea to just make sure.

cetanefreek    0

the old multi-fuel military trucks were essentially just a diesel engine with a valve to adjust fueling for the viscosity of the fuel, and the valve never worked right so it was just removed.

so in effect, they were running everything from gear oil to gasoline in what was essentially a bone stock diesel engine, the only caveat was that if you filled up with gasoline you were supposed to add around 30% of the tank with oil or diesel of some sort to add lubricating properties, your 12v is not much different than the old multi-fuel engines at all.