• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
powerhouse

Am I Paranoid???

powerhouse    0

I have only had my pickup since last fall and surprisingly have only had her opened up at WOT twice now, the first was in the dark at about midnight and the second was today coming home from classes. Anyway I accelerated hard in 4th and it smoked all the way till I grabbed 5th, then it smoked a little more for awhile then when she was about 2400 give or take...she really started smoking...not like a pitch black smoke but like a lighter black smoke (heavy haze) so i let off but she seemed fine so when i started up a hill towards home and grabbed 5th i stuck it to the floor and it smoked black then instantly cleared when the turbo spooled. Is something wrong or am i just paranoid? sorry its so long!

willja    0

Sounds normal. The black smoke is just unburnt fuel. As the turbo builds more boost it leans the smoke out making the truck run more efficient. Both mine do the same thing.:thumbup:

Guest 9812VCTD   
Guest 9812VCTD

You have a happy healthy truck......:thumbup: Man I get on my truck twice between stoplights....LoL.

Justin

powerhouse    0

buy me a clutch and give me your injectors corey...;-) then ill be more than happy to let you play with it...:lol:, guess im just paraniod, i don't have the money to fix broken things.

nate    0

I'm the same way dude. The minor stuff is fine for me to fix, but to take out an engine and be out $6-7k, I don't know what I'd do at that point... this for sure :-( :-(