• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
Guest ShanesLB7

anyone ever tint they're front window??

Guest ShanesLB7   
Guest ShanesLB7

I have read where people have had it done before... I am thinking of having it done.. My back door windows are a limo tint over the factory in glass tint so they are daaaark!!:thumbup: So today I am goona have the driver's tinted limo and the back window but a couple of buddies back east have they're front ones tinted too...

nate    0

Yes, though limo tint is illegal on everything other than the back window. (Just FYI so you know before you do it).

I can't remember what mine are all tinted to, but the only factory tint was on the 2 quad cab windows and they matched that on all. Was around $150 for the 3 windows.

JoshH    0

Back and rear side windows can legally tinted as dark as you want. I think the limit in Idaho is 35% on the front windows. Most states don't allow the windshield to be tinted unless you have a note from a doctor stating you have a medical condition requiring it (at least I've heard that is how some folks get around the law). I personally would never tint my windshield. It just doesn't seem very safe to me, for night driving that is.

Back and rear side windows can legally tinted as dark as you want. I think the limit in Idaho is 35% on the front windows. Most states don't allow the windshield to be tinted unless you have a note from a doctor stating you have a medical condition requiring it (at least I've heard that is how some folks get around the law). I personally would never tint my windshield. It just doesn't seem very safe to me, for night driving that is.

thats why i am going to go real light tint so its not to bad

DPDIESEL    0
My windshield is tinted with 28%. Just make sure you have enough lights for night driving on farm roads.

I would agree. Me driving your truck down a farm road at night was basically the same as if Helen Keller was driving.

jmono    0
I would agree. Me driving your truck down a farm road at night was basically the same as if Helen Keller was driving.

:lol: :lol: That's funny and messed up. She may have been blind but she can still write better then I ever will be able too... :lol:

CrashCade    0

LOL, The sad part is, I got a new windshield and it was tinted darker than before...:-o

nate    0

Yeah no way I would tint a windshield. Not only is it illegal, but it would be impossible to see at night. It's hard enough already to see with teh shitty headlights these 2nd gens have.

millco    8

There are limits on what you can use. Poke here to see the actual law: http://www.tintcenter.com/laws/ID/

I didn't think 'they' cared, but, I only had 20% on the little car for about a week before my first 'stop'. Since I couldn't remove it from the rear without harming the defrosting element; I paid to get a 'note from my Dr.' to cover it. It is pretty hard to get a note from a Dr., so I would suggest getting it before the tint. They can make you remove the tint before the car can be allowed back on the road. All in all it is a real PITA!

As hard as it is to see sometimes at night, I would never tint the front more than what the glass already has. When I put new glass in the Int'l; I got it as tinted as I could. It is enough. Even though I would recommend you not: if you still think you want darker than 'allowed' or on the front window, go get some of that cling garbage and do a 'trial run' with it. I would think you will agree afterwards that you don't want anything on your front window. (Think of a dark, rainy night on a deserted, dark pavement road......).

I totally understand the 'privacy' issue. I really like the 20% on my little car. I can see why it is illegal though. It is a little hard to back up at night and there is no way you can see into the car from the outside (Unless there is enough light inside or on the other side of the car!)

If anyone wants to 'go for a ride' in that 20% and check it out, just let me know. I'd be glad to let anyone check it out.......

HTH,

Dr. Evil    10
I paid to get a 'note from my Dr.' to cover it. It is pretty hard to get a note from a Dr., so I would suggest getting it before the tint.

Well, that depends on the Dr. doesnt it? :D:D

You guys have ANY laws down there?

millco    8
Well, that depends on the Dr. doesnt it? :D :D

Yes it does! (I saw quite a few..........)

You guys have ANY laws down there? :poke

Ouch!

(Actually, we have a lot of laws. And it is costing quite a bit to get around them these days)