• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Alright, so this isn't really tech stuff, I put it here because most of the members of DP are duramax owners. A few of you know by now that DP sold out to AutoForums.com. How many of you feel betrayed like me? This really pisses me off because that is one of my favorite things about member owned forums like this one and what DP was, the lack of adds and popups and the like. If you look at some of the other forums that they own, they suck. members get pissed, stop posting and they become stagnant. I really hope that this doesn't happen to DP, Dunno how some of you feel, but it was one of my homes...Guess I'll be here alot more from now on. Sorry about the rant, I'd have done it on DP but the new owners are banning members for it already...

Mike

Yeah I have seen that happen to a couple places.... hopefully it won't happen to DP because even though I don't have a dmax there was good info on there for dmax's i read alot over there.

BUT you talk like being here alot more from now on is a bad thing and we are a second resort... that hurts! j/k :lol:

Sorry about the rant, I'd have done it on DP but the new owners are banning members for it already...
I don't mean to call you out, but who has been banned for that? I have seen no one get banned for anything of that nature. There are several folks who have been banned for various reasons, but I can assure you the new owners haven't banned anyone.

Ok, ok, I don't have proof that anyone has been banned other than propaganda. Just in my little fit I said that. But I can tell you that if that place changes much, as in if I start getting adds poping up and such, I'm gone. done with it. Reguardless, you guys are gonna see more of me around here. I like it here, I just forgot how much...

That's fair. There are a few people that have been banned/received time off, but not for ranting/blowing off steam. Juice is still there and he has a pretty hot post in Forum Ops right now.

Anyhow, I hope they don't add a bunch of pop up adds as well. If things get too far out there, I'll be right behind you, but I'm going to do my best to keep things status quo. I think they get enough revenue without having to add a bunch of extra advertising to the site.

I hope you are around here more. It's always good to have more knowledgeable members here, especially when they drive a Duramax :thumbup:

I hope you are around here more. It's always good to have more knowledgeable members here, especially when they drive a Duramax

Damn Right!!!!!

I'm also a vender on one of their other sites. There are not pop-ups and the site is still modded by duramax owners, racers, and good folk.

I'll hang in for a while. Depends on what changes for venders, if I'll keep that status.

The DP has been one of my homes for the last 4 years. I have watched it change dramatically. I think the site has been going down hill for a year or so. It has lost what it started out being. No fault of the owners or the mods, just seems to happen. Maybe this will jolt it back and the fences will come down, but I won't hold my breath.

I enjoy this place because we help one another. If there is a problem with someone, I can get on the phone or see them in person. Makes for a more polite and friendly place.

Funny watching some old hands on the DP come out against the place they spend so much time. That is the main problem with the DP, many additudes and not much help or content anymore. If someone posts helpful DIY info they may be ganged up on by the special interest groups.

Just my .02

I'm also a vender on one of their other sites. There are not pop-ups and the site is still modded by duramax owners, racers, and good folk.

I'll hang in for a while. Depends on what changes for venders, if I'll keep that status.

The DP has been one of my homes for the last 4 years. I have watched it change dramatically. I think the site has been going down hill for a year or so. It has lost what it started out being. No fault of the owners or the mods, just seems to happen. Maybe this will jolt it back and the fences will come down, but I won't hold my breath.

I enjoy this place because we help one another. If there is a problem with someone, I can get on the phone or see them in person. Makes for a more polite and friendly place.

Funny watching some old hands on the DP come out against the place they spend so much time. That is the main problem with the DP, many additudes and not much help or content anymore. If someone posts helpful DIY info they may be ganged up on by the special interest groups.

Just my .02

You pretty much echoed my feelings on that one, Rob.

There are several issues at work here. I am not a member of DP, but I have been on several Diesel and RV boards and have seen issues develop.

These boards usually start out as an enthusiast with th idea of sharing ideas and having fun. Eventually they grow to the point of a lot of work and it becomes not fun. In steps AutoForums.com and makes an offer. The owner/owners of the site will sell not so much because of the money, but because the amount of work that their fun site has become.

Steve and I had a discussion not too long after IBF, now ITD, started. He had told me that he had picked a more national type name. I said that this was perfect. It will keep it smaller and will stay fun. We currently are pushing 400 members and continue to grow. Someday we may have over 1,000 users, but we will never be huge like DP, Cumminsforum, TDR and the likes. To me that is fine, because of it will stay fun.

There are several issues at work here. I am not a member of DP, but I have been on several Diesel and RV boards and have seen issues develop.

These boards usually start out as an enthusiast with th idea of sharing ideas and having fun. Eventually they grow to the point of a lot of work and it becomes not fun. In steps AutoForums.com and makes an offer. The owner/owners of the site will sell not so much because of the money, but because the amount of work that their fun site has become.

Steve and I had a discussion not too long after IBF, now ITD, started. He had told me that he had picked a more national type name. I said that this was perfect. It will keep it smaller and will stay fun. We currently are pushing 400 members and continue to grow. Someday we may have over 1,000 users, but we will never be huge like DP, Cumminsforum, TDR and the likes. To me that is fine, because of it will stay fun.

I think you pretty much hit the nail on the head. I hope this place stays the way it is. Even after I move home at the end of the year, I'll continue to use this site. There are a lot of good guys that I enjoy chatting with and sharing ideas with. No BS (or relatively little anyway, no vendettas at least) like you find a lot of other places.

I'm a member on there and hardly ever go there anymore, Rob hit it on the head when you post something or have advise you get hammered by others for what you use or think is good cause you used it and had no probs.

Like most can agree, ITD may not have all the info you want or need at the time of repairs, but most of the time when you do those repairs you have many folks willing to give a hand to get it done.. National sites you don't have that..

My .02

I feel like most of you. I lost track of this forum for a while...and now that I am back, and have been reading through some of the posts I remember what I liked about this place. Admitedly there is some teasing between cummins/'stroke/d-max owners, but it seems all in fun. Over there, if you own anything but a d-max you get flamed unless you are a freakin genious like a few of them are (IE: Got Juice, and one 'stroke owner who's screen name evades me...) Bottom line, I'm here first from now on, and if we cant figure it out here, perhaps I'll go over there. I just have a sour taste for corperations in general...