• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Dangle

No more Tractor Mechanic.....

Well as most of my friends know i have been chasing a different career in Police work. I have been putting alot of hours in as a reserve officer ,they had a full time spot come open and i applied a while back. Late last week i was offered and accepted a full time patrolman position with the city of homedale. This is my dream job that i have wanted since i was a snot nosed highschool kid. I start on May 8th and i am jacked. I hope to get enrolled in the aug 25th P.O.S.T. Academy in meridian..it is 10 weeks of training. I have 3 more days mechanicing........thank god!!!!

Congratulations Steve. Does this mean I can go powersliding past the Homedale PD without worrying about being arrested?

I saw that happen already.....LOL

So, Mr Officer to be... and the general consensus of the board...

Background to the Q and A that will follow:

I get pulled over last night, driving the 73 f2fiddy, (diesel got blowed up when I loaned it out, it towed sooooooooooooo much nicer :-() manual box, and a shatload of play in the wheel...

"Did you know its illegal to cross the yellow line when driving?"

(It's 1:30 in the morning, in his defense, refrained from Sarcasm, tired enuff, it was tempting)

"Been drinking?" (had 12 oz of beer at 7 pm with dinner and told him so)

I failed to have with me my registration, proff of insurance, and had 4 tires, a tow bar, an air tank in the bed, and two titles laying on the seat of the truck, neither of which belonged to that truck... It is 1:30 in the AM, just towed a Bronco to the crusher. (don't ask).

I could be drunk, stealing wheels and tires, cars, any number of things, I get his perspective.

Gave me back my license, no tickets, for not having insur. or regis. and then, out of the blue...

"Ever done narcotics?"

(I then responded I smoked Marijuana from 89-91 occasionally, but have been clean since)

"Do you mind if I search your truck?"

Here is the Q and A part of this:

Do I refuse, as I have done nothing to give him reason?

Do I refuse as it is not my truck?

Do I refuse on general principle as it is an invasion of my rights?

Do I refuse as there are any number of things thatr may or may not be in the cab that an overactive policeman's imagination could construe to be weapons?

Got my ass chewed for 15 mins from Jennifer (Fiancee, and owner of the 73) and 20 mins from my friend (tow lights for the midnight tow) ("Dude, you will never believe what happened to me after we left TVM!")

I am complacent, and have nothing to hide... had no problem with the search, other than it interfered with my night, and it pissed the dog off (WHAT is HE doing in my truck? was clearly going through her little lab mind), and he coulda been a hard ass about the registration, (plates show Momma and Jennifer, Kevin is nowhere on them) and he could have been a hard ass about the no proof of ins.

AND I HAD NOTHING TO HIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So why not let him search the truck?

I would never let anyone search anything without a warrant. If they want to detain me and try to get a warrant on a hunch that's fine, but I'm not going to give them permission.

That is what Thomas said. I replied, "Dude, I am complacent, didn't mind" He then said, "Being complacent is great, as soon as the cuffs are on you, until that point, stand your ground, and your rights"

At which point, I said whatever, and said I was too tired to argue.. and went to bed.

Being complacent has gotten me into a cop car with out/loose cuffs, a few times I did have to go to jail, and got me treated with respect at said jail house. More flies with honey than vinegar.

uh oh.....randy better watch out!

Congrats Steve!

I've thought about being a police officer, but with my driving record I dont see that ever happening:twisted:

Guest 9812VCTD

I'm really glad that worked out for you.......your a hard worker and deserve it Congrats!!!!!!8-):thumbup:

Justin

Thanks for the support guys!!!!!!!!!!! I do plan to have Randy over to practice my arrest techniques...LOL

HAHAHAHAHAHA... BIG NEGATIVE... Use Ryan...:lol:

So Steve is it gonna be like Andy Griffith down there at the PD? The highlight of the week is pulling over a car doing 32 in a 30? :lol:

So Steve is it gonna be like Andy Griffith down there at the PD? The highlight of the week is pulling over a car doing 32 in a 30? :lol:

Now thats some funny chit right there...:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the support guys!!!!!!!!!!! I do plan to have Randy over to practice my arrest techniques...LOL

Randy + Steve + Handcuffs = OWWWWWWWW MY EYES!!!!!!!

:lol:

Guest POWERTRIP
Randy + Steve + Handcuffs = OWWWWWWWW MY EYES!!!!!!!

:lol:

Try out your Rodney King moves on him.:thumbup:

Congrats Steve that is awesome!!!:thumbup: