• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
Guest POWERTRIP

Why me?

23 posts in this topic

Went and picked up another fuel pump and got it installed. Went out for a drive and man this thing moves now. Turned the corner to head back to the shop and got on it one last time.......then BANG then she coasted to a stop. Something gave up in the trans. Gonna pull it out in the morning. :twisted:$$$ $$$ $$$ $$$

Finally find my problem and then found another one, 3 days before the big dyno day.

That's a bummer. Tear it apart and find out what's wrong to get her back on the road :thumbup:

Only took me two days to get my trans torn apart and back together last time it broke...grd.gif

I'm feelin for ya Jeremiah, that really sucks man. Why do we do this to ourselves again? Oh never mind, I remember cause diesels rock! (especially Powerstrokes). Hope ya get it figured out.

Damn Jer if it wasn't for bad luck we wouldn't have any at all........:-? Hope it isn't anything too major....

Justin

Got the trans pulled and it snapped the input shaft. So know its time to upgrade.$$$

Got the trans pulled and it snapped the input shaft. So know its time to upgrade.$$$

That sucks Jer....What all are you going to do the tranny while it's out???$$$

Justin

Jer...you found your missing HP...i would say.:shock:

That's a bummer. Tear it apart and find out what's wrong to get her back on the road :thumbup:

Wow Jake thats profound

Jer...you found your missing HP...i would say.:shock:

You bet i did Steve.:thumbup:

ya i dyno 385hp at Powerlabs and 420 at bullydog. With my setup it should be higher. Before you changed your setup i had basically the same setup and look at the numbers you got with your bb turbo and mm's :thumbup:

Oh, your talking about getting the fuel pressure back. I thought you were talking about the broken input shaft. My thought was "How the hell would an input shaft affect horsepower?" haha

The low fuel pressure would for sure kill your horsepower. I gained almost 30hp by building a fuel system that would maintain 62psi

Well a broken input shaft will effect hp.......it will let you make NONE.:shock:

Oh yea Steve, trans is goin back in today.:thumbup:

My tranny is out getting repaired right now too. Mine tore the splines right out of the center of the converter. The billet input held up, but for some reason the billet converter didn't.

Oh yea Steve, trans is goin back in today.:thumbup:

Nice work Buddy!!!:thumbup: