• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

cetanefreek

LMM fuel filter is a pain in the ass!

we have a flatbed dump body on a 3500 GMC LMM at work, first of all I will say that I was impressed by it's spunk, I'll keep my cummins but that new LMM has some nuts for breathing through a DPF. I was also impressed by the size of the new fuel filter and the fact that it's a spin-on, that is until I saw where I had to put the damn thing..... WTF!?!?!?!? passenger side of the engine just over the frame rail and covered by the intake, fuel, and A/C lines on the top for those of you that don't know.

I just took off the intake hose and took it off from the top and made one of our general laborers get underneath to catch it when I dropped it, laborers do a good job of soaking up spilled diesel too :twisted:

just seems to me like they could have done a lot better with placement of that filter, overall though I do like the rig.

Try doing it with twin turbo pipes, plumbing, and brackets in the way...

Ya, I bet it's a real pain to do it with all that stuff in the way...

It can be done in a fast manor. remove air duct tubing loosen filter undo wif sensor unbolt the plate 2 12mm bolts turn to side unspin filter tranfer wif sensor tighten hand tight reinstall 2 12mm bolts tighten all the way bleed filter reinstall duct and start. there is no gasket to where the plate mounts so you dont have to worry about leaks :thumbup: hope this helps a couple of you guys

thanks a lot man! I didn't know if there was a gasket there or not, and I really didn't want to have to go for more parts in the middle of an oil change, hopefully I'll remember this next time I have to service one of the duramaxes here.