• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
Deangarth

injectors??????

Deangarth    0

my 99 stroker has 191,000 miles on it, im the second owner of the truck, bought it with 140,000 miles on it. as far as i know they are still the original injectors. i want to upgrade to stage one sinlge shots, for better milage, maybe stage 2 single shots if they got em. i talked to the guys at moonlight and they said that i should just buy new injectors, quoted me $3000. dominator said they could upgrade mine for $700ish.

what woud you guys recomend? which injectors? where to buy? i was looking at some on http://beansdieselperformance.com/, i just want better milage and a lil more horse, dont pull more that 4 horses or 5-7 ton hay with my pa. and im gonna get a terminator modded 17* pump in the neer future.

Guest 9812VCTD   
Guest 9812VCTD

When I had my 95 the best mod I ever did to it was injectors. I bought some Baby swamps from Steve they were awesome injectors. Jeremiah has some of Cas's injectors and Steve had some stage II's in his truck. Overall I was really happy with some Stage I injectors egt's were good and made good power.

Justin

IDPisan    0

Is your 99 early or late? The 99.5 come with the 17*pump I believe. I'm sure that Jer, Dan will chime in on info about the injectors. Whatever you decide you will have to talk to Jody and have the PCM and the Tuner reflashed to work with those single shots.

Welcome to the 7.3 forum!!

Guest POWERTRIP   
Guest POWERTRIP

Ya i would definately talk to Bean and get some injectors from him. Goin to a single shot will increas your mpg also. Your engine will be a little louder but hey its a diesel its supposed to make noise.:thumbup: Then get some new tuning to make everything work its best and you will be good to go. Plus you would actually use less hpop oil with the single shots than you did with the splits.

YMMOT    0

If going to larger injectors shouldn't a regulated return system be considered to keep the rear injector from starving for fuel?

Deangarth    0
Is your 99 early or late? The 99.5 come with the 17*pump I believe. I'm sure that Jer, Dan will chime in on info about the injectors. Whatever you decide you will have to talk to Jody and have the PCM and the Tuner reflashed to work with those single shots.

Welcome to the 7.3 forum!!

i believe its early, sticker on door says built 4/1999. now to just get the money to do injectors.

Big_Dan97    0

With your wants/needs, id stick with the ones, thing is you can always send em back have em gone thru, upsize to stage 2 nozzles for a pretty decent price. The only difference between ones and twos is nozzle size.

I havent heard anything really "bad" about any of teh injector builders, but I can vouch for Bean hes a great guy, Ive bought lots of stuff from him and hope to buy more.

Keep us updated.

Dan

IDPisan    0
i believe its early, sticker on door says built 4/1999. now to just get the money to do injectors.

With a build date of 4/99 you have a Late or 99.5.

Anything after 12-7-98 is considerd a 99.5. You already are have a 17* swashplate Hpop. 140cc AD code injectors. You also have the forged rods not the pmr's, so you dont have to worry about changing them out if you were thinking about that. Have you had any problems with "surge"?

Any ways I think I am through rambling :thumbup:

Deangarth    0
If he hasnt had surge issues yet, he will :twisted::):thumbup:

ya i have surge issues. esp on mt 120 race setting, and alil on the 80 economy.

someone told me that i had an early 99, guess not, thats good to hear tho cuz now to upgrade my turbo i dont need to buy new up pipes.

RockinJW    0
or just get a D66 turbo. :thumbup:

D66 will not mount on 99.5-03' 7.3L, it is for OBS and Early 99 trucks only. If I were in your situation I would go with Stage II injectors, with your current stock 140cc AD injectors, you won't notice a whole lot of difference going to 160cc stage I injectors.

I doubt you'd see more than 30-40hp. Plus the great thing about some Stage II's, the power is in the tuning. They will be just as tame as stock injectors, but the power will be there if you want or need it, just the flip of a switch away. Whichever you decide to go with, make sure to get single shots.

Deangarth    0
would yuo mind gettin one for me too? Ill put you on my christmas card list :)

ya sure. right after i win the lotto. in fact i'll buy you two of em so you can have a spare or give it as a gift. lol.

Deangarth    0
D66 will not mount on 99.5-03' 7.3L, it is for OBS and Early 99 trucks only. If I were in your situation I would go with Stage II injectors, with your current stock 140cc AD injectors, you won't notice a whole lot of difference going to 160cc stage I injectors.

I doubt you'd see more than 30-40hp. Plus the great thing about some Stage II's, the power is in the tuning. They will be just as tame as stock injectors, but the power will be there if you want or need it, just the flip of a switch away. Whichever you decide to go with, make sure to get single shots.

ok thanks. i was told on powerstroke nation that i have an early 99 buy somone, can't remember who. but guess not. and i think i will go with stage 2s then. probabaly gonna talk to bean about some. as soon as i save up enough money to buy em.$$$

RockinJW    0

well, im not sure what the cutoff date was between the early and late 99's.

I'm just saying if it's an early 99' the d66 id your only drop in option. if it's a late 99, you've got a lot of options

IDPisan    0
well, im not sure what the cutoff date was between the early and late 99's.

Here are the difference between the Early and Late 99's

Cut off is 12-7-98, anything before this date is an Early anything after this date is a Late.

Some suspension change after 3-1-99, so if you have a late motor you may have early suspension parts until the 3-1-99 date

The Early has 120cc AB code injectors, The Late have 140cc AD code injectors.

The Early has a 15* Hpop, late has 17* Hpop.

The Early has one Glow plug relay, The Late has one Glow plug relay and one air intake heater relay sitting next to each other

The Early has 2" intake runners the late has 3"

The Early has a stock wicked wheel and a smaller turbo

The Early track rod has smaller mounting bolts

The Early rotors are shallower than the late

The Early front axle U bolt are square where they go over the spring pack, the late U bolts are rounded

The Early does not have the auto transmission fluid cooler in the radiator

The Early pitman arm is diffferent than the late

The Early does not have the air intake heater, the late does

The Early has shorter hub bearings than the late

The Early cruise control indicator light will not work without an updated pcm, the late work from the git

The Early HP is 250, Late is 275 for hand shakers, less for auto's

I'm sure I have omited something, so can you guy's think of anything else?

Guest 9812VCTD   
Guest 9812VCTD

It seems like the early had the little sticker on the front of the fenders, and the late had the full size emblem on the doors?

Justin

IDPisan    0
It seems like the early had the little sticker on the front of the fenders, and the late had the full size emblem on the doors?

Justin

I have a Early 99 with door badges. Date stamp on the door pillar is the best way to tell, along with a quik look at the turbo.