• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
JoshH

Got the fuel pressure gauge in

JoshH    0

I've had this sitting around for a week now and finally got around to getting it installed. It's just wedged in the cubby hole for now. I'm not sure if there's anyone who makes a mount for that spot or not, but that's where it's going to be for a while probably. Seems to fit pretty nice there. I went to the local NAPA, and they made me this custom T to get it hooked up to the fuel filter bleed screw. All said and done it was $14 for the fittings. That includes the parts and welding/drilling it. Anyway, here are the pics.

post-126-145494291833_thumb.jpg

post-126-145494291839_thumb.jpg

post-126-145494291845_thumb.jpg

post-126-145494291851_thumb.jpg

JoshH    0

Well, since I don't smoke...

I'll probably come up with something, but I want to keep it angled so it is pointing towards me like it is now.

RANDY    0

You can buy plastic and thin metal at Hobby Town USA in Boise to mount it in there and keep the angle you want... I think thats a good spot though...

nate    0

Finally got it in after a week.. :lol:

You are making me feel bad. I have stuff I bought over a year ago that I haven't had a chance to install yet

JoshH    0
TTS makes a sweet mount for that spot Josh, what's the pressure?
Yeah, I just looked at it. That mount they sell is pretty nice.

When the second pump kicks on it is around 5-6 psi, and it holds it with the 2800 uS of injection pulse I am running right now.

IdahoRob    0

I hooked mine up yesterday. The gauge was pegged at 15psi, and thought the gauge was faulty.

I adjusted the Airdog down as far as it goes and the gauge came down to 13.5. I wonder how much pressure I was running to last couple months.

JoshH    0

Steve, I'm pretty sure he has the Raptor pump.

Rob, there's nothing wrong with running a lot of pressure on an LBZ. The only thing you might need to worry about when running high pressure is hurting the fuel filter. Is your sender before or after the filter?

Did you go out and do any WOT runs to see if the pressure drops any? Mine doesn't run that high, but it never drops at all.

IdahoRob    0

I have the Raptor plumbed into a 2 micron aftermarket filter and have the pressure sensor between the first filter and the stocker.

I have not installed the gauge in the truck yet, just hooked it up to look at pressure. I'll test in the next day or so.

post-131-145494291863_thumb.jpg

sweetdiesel    0

Josh once i installed the duel cp3s I could drain it down to 1 psi running the twin kds

Rob do you know how high you can go with the airdog for psi,I am planning on 50 ish psi and running a seperate line to cool the FICM