• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
CrashCade

Anybody have a good line on a good Short Block?

CrashCade    0

Well, got the head off of my block and the whole thing is burned pretty good, of course the back half is the worst.:shock: Does anybody know if a 12v block will work with a CR head?

I am trying to figure out the best way of getting things done the quickest!$$$ $$$ $$$

Jason

NYCEGUY01    0

I think a 24v might work but the piston bowls are not centered on a 12v as they are on those new fangled motors.

I read on comp d where some guys ran a common rail head on a 24v bottom end. Apparently its running.

I bet a little searching there would awnser your q's

SPOOLN2    0

CR block is different from the 24 valve block; the 24 valve uses a plastic nozzle style piston cooling jet that presses into the center of the main bearings. While the CR blocks uses “J” jets to cool the pistons that run off the oil valley of the cam tappets. The CR block also does not have the side cover to access the cam tappets as on a 24 valve, and the cooling and oil ports for the head are different as well. These are just the differences I can think of off the top of my head.

I don’t know where any short blocks are, but I do know someone who has a complete reman long block. That would be ready to go. All you would have to swap is injectors, turbo, electronics, and other minor parts.

SPOOLN2    0

Could but then you would have to change injector nozzels since the 04.5 and up motors use a different piston than the 24 valve and even the 03 to 04 CR motor. plus the 24 valve motor does not have the castings to mount the CR computer so it would have to be really custom to work. to me the CR block and Head are the way to go, but that is just my opinion.

CrashCade    0
I don’t know where any short blocks are, but I do know someone who has a complete reman long block. That would be ready to go. All you would have to swap is injectors, turbo, electronics, and other minor parts.

SmokeShow, Can you pm or email me more info? jcade@somethingkustom.com

I got some mixed answers back about the block. I have been told the block is the same, but the pistons are different. Then the answers here in this forum as well. I am just going to go with a CR block.

I had a friend suggest I just do a rebuild kit in Frame, and just re-crosshatch everything. This is my second time re-crosshatching the cylinders though. I am not so sure that is a good idea. I just know I need the least amount of down time and a low cost would be great, but I am pretty sure that is not even in the picture.

CrashCade    0
Jason, find a short block yet???

I did, It is from Big Twin Diesel. ARP studded main. I am trying to figure out if I want to run ceramic coated pistons or not. They are trying to make it out to the Dyno event this weekend.

LOL, My truck will be there, just looking pretty though!