nate

Nasty Oil

Wondering if the older diesels... 6.2L in particular really nasty up the oil?

I drained the oil from the engine I have and could probably use the oil to seal the pavement. Now I've done lots of oil changes in the newer diesels and this isn't anything like it. I spilled a bit on the floor and tried to wipe it up with a rag. All it did was smear all over the place.

Black as coal and it's almost sticky as well. I mailed off a sample to get tested this morning, curious to see what it comes back with.

Yup it is.

I have been up since 5 this morning and just now sitting down to relax so my fingers aren't typing what my brain is thinking so well. hahaha

The Mercedes' oil will be black right after I pour it through the valve cover and it makes it to the pan. My oil doesn't thicken up though.

This stuff is teribble!

I got a little bit on my pants from the drain pain and it went right through my jeans and all over me knee. I can't even get it off with Go Joe, brake cleaner, diesel, etc. :shock:

dish soap or ivory and a stiff brush or scrub pad is about the only way I have found that that works on that really sticky stuff. Work it till the skin comes off and its clean

Funny you ask, cause I called them up today and they gave me the info over the phone.

High soot, fuel, iron, silicone, and lead :shock:. I have no idea how long this oil was in the motor though, so it's very possible the engine is making normal wear metals, but the oil was really old.

I'm going to strip it apart other than the heads and hopefully I don't find anything too ugly.