JoshH

Transmission woes

Well, as some of you already know, I toasted by transmission this weekend. I went to the track Saturday morning, paid up, got teched, ran one 1/8 mile pass, tried to back into my parking spot in the pits, and the stupid trans was acting like it did the first time it shit the bed. I decided I'd drive it down the road to see how it would shift. It shifted through all the gears just fine, but it still wouldn't back up without major throttle and it would drive in neutral. I decided not to chance it and called it a day on the racing. After Rob and Randy were done we went to Rob's house to pull my transmission.

We found the same thing as last time, but slightly less severe. C2s and C5s were perfect, so they went back in. C3s and C4s were burnt, so they were replaced with Alto clutches and Kolene steels. C1s were toast, but since Rob didn't have any Alto C1s, they were replaced with new stock clutches. We also removed the C3 oiler since it didn't seem to prevent the clutches from burning (we think it may have caused more problems than it solved by bleeding off line pressure), and we replaced the pump shim and stock spring with the ATS pump spring. I'm going to run this setup until I can figure out what I'm going to do about my converter then I'll pull it back apart and inspect it.

I owe a big thanks to Rob C., Randy, Rob R., and Steve. Rob C. and Randy helped pretty much the whole time. Rob R. stopped by Saturday night and helped with the disassembly, and he stopped by this morning to drop off some oil and see how things were going. Steve and Steve Sr. stopped by for a couple of hours and helped with the reassembly of everything. At least this time I got to do a little more work on building the transmission. I'll be sure to keep everyone informed on how it works out.

Hopefully this set-up will last longer. It was cool that Rob C. was more than willing to put up his garage to get it fixed, and hopefully the trans will last longer.

I need a shop!

I'm spending the next couple days getting the garage in shape. I'll have more room soon. I may be doing my tranny this weekend, not sure yet though.

Sweet... Hey Dmaxers, we're meeting at leroybrute's place for trans kit install. Order is as follows:

1. Steve A.

2. Randy W.

3. Rob R.

4. Ryan H.

5. leroybrute

6. Moose

7. Powerfreak

Did I miss anyone? Leroy. tell us when to be there...

Rob

You are pretty close on the order you just got one in the wrong spot. :lol:

1. leroybrute

2. Steve A.

3. Randy W.

4. Rob R.

5. Ryan H.

6. Moose

7. Powerfreak

Anytime! One at a time! Unless weekends.

You are pretty close on the order you just got one in the wrong spot. :lol:

1. leroybrute

2. Steve A.

3. Randy W.

4. Rob R.

5. Ryan H.

6. Moose

7. Powerfreak

Anytime! One at a time! Unless weekends.

Good one!!!!

Are you coming to the dyno day....I wanna ride!!!!!

Sweet... Hey Dmaxers, we're meeting at leroybrute's place for trans kit install. Order is as follows:

1. Steve A.

2. Randy W.

3. Rob R.

4. Ryan H.

5. leroybrute

6. Moose

7. Powerfreak

8.oldsmokey

Did I miss anyone? Leroy. tell us when to be there...

Rob

There ya go oldsmokey :thumbup:

Ya I think I got it worked out,it works good but I just cant figure out why I had to force it out of park with a wrench when we 1st put it in.

Good one!!!!

Are you coming to the dyno day....I wanna ride!!!!!

I won't miss it for the world! Last time was my first time and I had a blast meeting everyone and getting to see some awesome trucks!

Ride hell I will let you drive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I won't miss it for the world! Last time was my first time and I had a blast meeting everyone and getting to see some awesome trucks!

Ride hell I will let you drive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ya I think I got it worked out,it works good but I just cant figure out why I had to force it out of park with a wrench when we 1st put it in.

That is kinda weird but what the hell if it works...

Guest ShanesLB7

ooooh Trannies....:shock: Been there done that!!!:-( Sorry to hear about it man if I was there I would have been burried in grease helping too...