• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
VMacKenzie

#10 plate, GSK & 215 injectors

VMacKenzie    0

Just wanted to comment I'm pretty pleased with how the '98 is running with these mods. MikeR (Mike Ramos) installed the 3K GSK at the February Bomb Party at Hosses and did a great job of balancing them so it idles and runs super smooth. Then the number 10 plate was installed in the middle. Before this my truck was bone stock other than the Bosch 300 injectors, it was a virgin 180 pump. Now with the GSK it pulls hard to at least 3400, that's when I let off of it (I need to get those 60lb valve springs installed!).

I had the 300s in when the plate/GSK was installed, clearly it was too strong for the poor stock-o-matic, so I recently switched them out for the 215s since I don't have a transmission budget right now. The 215s are definitely smoother and got rid of the slight puff of smoke my truck always made when I stepped on the go-pedal (even if I barely touched the throttle). The 300s were clean otherwise even with a lot of throttle.

I see fuel economy is up already up with the 215s, and it just runs good with nice power delivery. Not a powerhouse but healthy, pulls decent with barely-visible haze to no smoke at WOT.

For those who haven't seen the '98 there's some pics in my album (green 2wd shortbed) http://s113.photobucket.com/albums/n228/VMac822/My%20Trucks/

Vaughn

i have a 94 i ended up with 370 stage two injectors, #5 plate and 4gsk and love the smoke affect it pisses everyone off. the nice thig about a standard 5 speed tranny is the only thing you have to do is a clutch job so i ended up with a vaial 13" 6speed ceramic conversion clutch for my everyday daily driver

Guest 9812VCTD   
Guest 9812VCTD

Glad to hear you got some work done to the 98, I remember when you bumped the timing on it at the Bomb Party at Brians shop. It's amazing how much difference these mods can make on these trucks.

Justin

MUDDY    122

good combo vn :thumbup:

as ya know,,,,,,, i hv #10, 3k gsk, 215's.

i run from 322 rwhp 785 rwtq [stock location] to 385/837 ahead to max, then moved back a bit using the same combo on my 215 pump. i'd be interseted to see your #s in may.

the 215s seem to be efficient. good mpg, decnt pwr.

i'm a happy boy

:D

VMacKenzie    0

Heh. . . that was the bomb party I about froze my tutu off sleeping in the back of the truck. And managed to punch a hole in the crank seal when trying to install it in the timing cover. Thank goodness the local Napa had one in stock!!

Yeah Muddy I thought your truck was running good when I rode in it on that trip. Heck that was like November '06 wasn't it? Hey what's up with the smoke shooting up in your avatar, did you put a stack on the '97??

Vaughn

Guest 9812VCTD   
Guest 9812VCTD

Heh. . . that was the bomb party I about froze my tutu off sleeping in the back of the truck. And managed to punch a hole in the crank seal when trying to install it in the timing cover. Thank goodness the local Napa had one in stock!!

LoL that was the one. I haven't had a chance to make it to one since.

Justin

MUDDY    122

yeah vn,,,,,,im runnin a single 5'' turnout stack. i'm tired of the extended winter this year so trying to 'warm the globe'. :D:coal:

biohmmwv    0

What are you guys getting for fuel economy with the #10 plate, and the 215 injectors? I can get a #5,6,8 or 10 off of E-bay for 35$ CNC machined. I have a set of Pensacola stage 1 injectors to go in already. Right now my Dad is getting 17 around town in his F350 Crew cab dually, with about 500lbs of tools, chins, ect...

We want a better fuel economy, and better performance off the line, or in passing. He has a common rail exhaust manifold, gasket matched to the turbo and head. And a 4inch exhaust. Gauges are going in when we receive them.

MUDDY    122

driving like an old man 15 [got 16 last time] with travel trailer. 18,300 gcw. 55mph.

can get anywhere from 19 to 24mpg on the road depending on speed and conditions.

my plate is now stock location [#10] and timing 15.5.

id grab the #10. best choice w/ gsk. best adjustability.

cheap price :thumbup: