• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

BigD

My Weekend Project

so i decided to get off my lazy ass let me know what you think! ill have here painted and installed tommorow then ill post some finnished pics

IMGP0152.jpg

IMGP0160.jpg

IMGP0161.jpg

some of the welds are preaty shity need a better welder was just using one of those piece a 110 gasless flux cord things and it dont weld that thick stuff to well but she aint to bad

ya cut it with a plasma, just free handed it but wish i had it computer cut its still a little rough but it turned out alright for a dumb white kid doin it

i would build a few on the side just need a better welder a good 220 with some gas! this one is all just from scraps i,ve saved from jobs doin HVAC.

I might be able to get ahold of a computer cut if you were interested. I can ask my old welding teacher if we could use the one at the old tech center in MH.

Heres the Done pics. for now im gonna rip it off one of these days fix the light bar,use a tubing bender, and fix a few weld and then get it powder coated but it works for now

IMGP0163.jpg

IMGP0165.jpg

umm.....I don't think a sport grill will fit with that bumber the way it is...the sport grill is too rounded on the bottom, my bro has a sport and thats the way it is anyway. Also, how much roughly would you charge to make one of those if you do decide to build a few, im trying to find a front bumber but im in college so i don't have a lot of money for one of those really fancy ones that everyone has. I like your design. Also you wouldn't happen to have plans drawn up would you, or maybe some measurements?

umm.....I don't think a sport grill will fit with that bumber the way it is...the sport grill is too rounded on the bottom, my bro has a sport and thats the way it is anyway. Also, how much roughly would you charge to make one of those if you do decide to build a few, im trying to find a front bumber but im in college so i don't have a lot of money for one of those really fancy ones that everyone has. I like your design. Also you wouldn't happen to have plans drawn up would you, or maybe some measurements?

i dont have any measurements to be honest i just started cuttin and welding and she turned out alright and price the material would be cheap its just time consuming ya know.

My machineist also has a powdercoating shop, if you need a price..... looks good!! If you light the name up, i suggest using some red plexy glass behind the name and lighting it up red. if not you will just see the lights and everything behind the name (steering,cooler, ect) and it will not glow as good. Then use some clear led's so when you tap into the fog light circut, it wont amp out and you can still use the foggers.... sorry i'll shut up now..:roll:

the sport grill on the 94-97 should fit, it wasn't rounded on the bottom untill the 98 qauds came out. that bumper looks bad(as in good) saw you the other night on 17th when i was heading home.. i have some little led tubes that would light up that cummins well. i think they are like 15 bucks or something.

Hey Dave, you stealing my ideas.!!.......ha ha, Nice bumper job, good idea...Ive been wanting to build a road armor style bumper, i like my style for the functionality of it but i could build the RA if i had a guinae pig to do it, so if you know anybody wanting to take a stab at fabbing one up, ill build it if they get the material and an idea of what they want....

My machineist also has a powdercoating shop, if you need a price..... looks good!! If you light the name up, i suggest using some red plexy glass behind the name and lighting it up red. if not you will just see the lights and everything behind the name (steering,cooler, ect) and it will not glow as good. Then use some clear led's so when you tap into the fog light circut, it wont amp out and you can still use the foggers.... sorry i'll shut up now..:roll:
the sport grill on the 94-97 should fit, it wasn't rounded on the bottom untill the 98 qauds came out. that bumper looks bad(as in good) saw you the other night on 17th when i was heading home.. i have some little led tubes that would light up that cummins well. i think they are like 15 bucks or something.

thats good idea with the lights and ya if you can get me a price on a powder coat that would be cool to! and anybody know if it is legal to run red lights in the front cuz that would be the only color id light it up