• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
Summit

California WTF?!

Summit    0

drove down to Salinas, Ca. yesterday, drive was fine till the Mustang Ranch, hit some traffic in Sparks/Reno but not too bad for rush hour. why is it NO ONE speeds in Nev.?

Traffic was moving right along till before Sacremento and then wham, holy fooking people for the next 5hrs solid. weaving cutting in & out of traffic, bumper to bumper, 85mph to 5 mph and back to 85mph and im thinking,,, did i miss the waving of the green flag? why did the state waste $ for speed limit signs? speed limit is 50 in places and the whole flow of traffic is doing 80+, and if you see brake lights ahead and try to leave a little gap between you and the car in front of you someone crams in there holy shit. i mean Boise and Salt Lake area get racey sometimes but wow this place is insane. holy shit, $4.49 gal diesel. was 908 mi from my house and took 13:08 hrs. Cant wait to get back to good o'le Idaho. only proble with that is i gotta drive back through all that traffic Mon.:-x

i honestly dont understand how anyone could live down here.

so the way i see it, you can get from Idaho to the Mustang Ranch and get back with little to no traffic.:lol: :lol: :thumbup:

Summit    0

i drove down the 6-speed, imeither gonna do a 6" lift and 37's or put my 3.73 gears in it. had a terrible head wind all day, first tank was 12.6, second was 14.7 on paper. overhead said 1.5 higher. noticed oil on the tailgate when i went out this morning, front pinion seal took a shit on the way down. i filled up in Blackfoot as we were leaving and got 18.2mpg but never drove it fast, the interstate kills this thing with the 4.10 ratio. went to the coast today and went to some big aquarium and then a IMAX show.

Steve, my wife wanted me to stop at the ranch and go check it out but i told her no as we had the kids. there was one car and one semi there. looked slow.

Guest ShanesLB7   
Guest ShanesLB7

YEp I hated every minute I lived down there... Thank god it was on ly for one year!!!

nate    0

I hate driving through SLC. The last time I went through there I was on my way to Moab. They were doing construction and I kid you not, the lane was maybe 8" wider than my trailer. One side was a big jersey barrier and the other side was a tractor trailer. You could see all over the jersey barrier where people had driven up on the side of it! I thought for sure I was going to hit into something.

Same deal for the hole thing. Are people really that retarded? I'm hauling a trailer... I need a little more room, so I give myself that, but NO... cut me off, about rip off my front bumper and slide into my safety zone. Do you really need to get where you are going so fast that you feel it's ok to endanger yourself and other people?

And how about merging into traffic. Last time I checked, the people coming onto the highway have to YIELD! Had some chick on a cell phone try and merge between my truck and trailer than get all pissed off an me! Honking the horn, telling me I'm #1 and everything. Sorry, but if I can't get into the left lane to let you get in, your going to have to wait for me to get out of the way.

Boise isn't too bad since I got used to driving in Anchorage (about the same), but when I first moved there I was :shock:. I grew up driving in a place that didn't even have stop lights you know?!

IDMooseMan    27

Unbelievable isn't it? I'm California-born, bred, and raised and I can't stand it there anymore. Moved my family up to Idaho at the beginning of 1996. My mom lives in Sacramento; my dad lives in Janesville (north of Reno on the CA-side of 395). My sister and her family live in Winchester (yeah, the mystery house place). I don't know how they do it.

Summit    0

I AM SOOO GLAD TO BE BACK!!!!!!!

I dont plan on returning, at least without a new prescription for some major PAXEL.

i can now say i been there and thats about it for that place.

cagdodge    0

Last year a group of us headed to mesquite to ride. I had to pull off and fuel up just south of salt lake in rush hour traffic. Got fuel and headed into the endless sea of retarted bmw yuppy drivers. Now i have a trailer so i need a little room so i left a cusion in front of me as i merged around the spaghetti bowl of loops to get on the freeway. Some uppity chick and her a**hole husband in their bmw where behind me swerving in and out and getting pissed trying to get around me(i wasn;t going slow) when she finally swerved around and cut me off she proceded to honk and flip me off--no problem, brake checked me---no problem her husband laughed--problem lets just say it was a nice day and the windows where down.. i merged over waited for her to get stuck behind another car and pulled up along side-- set my tailpipe right next to her window--turned it up and began to fill her car with the beautiful aroma of diesel fuel--problem solved-- she never got near me again