Sign in to follow this  
Guest ShanesLB7

5" Exhaust

Guest ShanesLB7

Well fellas I just installed my 5" turbo back system tonight, No Kat no muffler HOLLY Crap is this loud :lol: . I have a muffler on order but it won't be here until next week and I am going to install the kat sunday and see how that helps.. Drone is insane.. I haven't even hooked up to my 30 trailer :D I can't imagine that.. Does sound BAD ( | ) But couldn't handle it for too long..

Shane

Guest 9812VCTD

I've heard a 3rd gen straight piped and as you said it was loud....but sounded good! The guy ended up putting a muffler on it because he couldn't stand going down the freeway all day. Get any pics?

Justin

Guest 9812VCTD

Good pics did you buy a kit or build it yourself? You need to drive that beast down to the next dinner meeting in Pocy so we can hear you new exhaust!

Justin

shane what brand of muffler did you go with and also if ya wanna look legal and still want the flow take a hammer and bar and bust the cat crap out of there make sure you get it all out

Guest ShanesLB7

Right now there is no muffler. I am ordering one from ryderproducts that another member purchased from DTR and he claims it is an awesome muffler.. She is just straight pipe for now :shock:

Guest ShanesLB7

Justin, It was a kit I purchased and then we hung it and welded it in place and then cut the tip off and I bought a shorts Stack from Kenworth and put it on. Before the exhaust dumped right before the rear quarter panel and it would shake the whole truck!! I am going to try and make it to pocy this next meeting.

Shane

well shane when I am down to twin I will keep my ears open for a loud cab rumbler and then by your stack tip I can know for sure its you i'll be lookin and listeing for ya

Is a straight piped 3rd gen louder than a 2nd gen??

I don't find my truck to me loud at all unless I'm standing by the tailpipe. Can't hardly hear it in the cab.

Guest ShanesLB7
well shane when I am down to twin I will keep my ears open for a loud cab rumbler and then by your stack tip I can know for sure its you i'll be lookin and listeing for ya

Let me know when your in town and I'll come and find you!! :lol:

Shane

Guest ShanesLB7
Is a straight piped 3rd gen louder than a 2nd gen??

I don't find my truck to me loud at all unless I'm standing by the tailpipe. Can't hardly hear it in the cab.

I haven't ridden in a 2nd gen straight piped but I know this thing is loud!!

Guest ShanesLB7
Do you have emissions testing in Twin Falls?

IF not, I would forgo the cat. You will lose alot of power.

Nope, No emissions so the kitty was let loose.

Shane

i put most of my 5" exhuast on the week before my twins with a muffler and the drone was horibble!! it was a long drive to boise.

after nate was finished and we took it for a spin i thought he was playing some kind of joke becuase it was soo quiet,, its the twins he said, i couldnt believe it but hes right or is it wright :lol: .

spendy way to quiet the exhuast but sure is a nice upgrade.

Guest ShanesLB7
i put most of my 5" exhuast on the week before my twins with a muffler and the drone was horibble!! it was a long drive to boise.

after nate was finished and we took it for a spin i thought he was playing some kind of joke becuase it was soo quiet,, its the twins he said, i couldnt believe it but hes right or is it wright :lol: .

spendy way to quiet the exhuast but sure is a nice upgrade.

Nate?? Do you mean Nate @ Idaho Cummins?? I think that is his name he makes a killer set of Twins???? How do you like? I have done a tone of research on him and talked to other members on DTR that has his twins. I want to do a set and was looking into contacting him once I get the cash!!! How do you like the twins??

Shane

Guest ShanesLB7
his name is Nathan Wright from boise and goes by IdahoCTD on the TDR.

not sure about DTR. yeah, pretty awesome set.

Yeah, That's him!

Shane