• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

JoshH

Did some testing today

I took the truck out and made some runs with both my ECM and the one I picked up from Rob today. I guess my truck just doesn't want to shift out of second earlier than 3700 RPM when at WOT. No matter what I do it just won't do it. I guess I'll have to live with it. It's all really very confusing.

I'm also having trouble holding rail pressure still. I ordered a fuel pressure gauge today so I can tell if my lift pumps are supplying enough fuel or if something else is jacked up. I was looking at my logs from yesterday and the ones I did today. The tune I first ran yesterday was only 1250 psi low with a 3100 uS pulse, but the same tune today was 4250 psi low. I wonder if my fuel filter is clogged. I changed it on either Thursday or Friday, I can't remember for sure which, but I'm wondering if I got a bad batch of fuel.

That is trippy that you can't get the shift corrected.. Hopefully like you said a bad batch of fuel.. Keep us posted what you come up with...

Well, I went out and did a little more testing today. I filled the truck up yesterday evening and it seems my rail pressure is up a little now, but still not where I think it should be. Anyway, I did 2 runs up to about 95. Now my truck is shifting from 2-3 at around 3500 RPM. I don't know what is going on, but it also seems like it is banging into 2nd harder than it has before. I do have some stuff in the back of my truck so it could be that stuff sliding around and banging into the bed/tailgate. I compared the logs from today, and from 30-90 is almost a full second faster than the same speeds on my quickest run at the track. I was running a different tune when it was shifting to 2nd at 3500. I'll keep you all informed on what is happening.

Weird Josh. If you get a fitting for the bleeder valve, you can borrow my fuel pressure gauge. I don't have that fitting.

I have found different tuning makes big changes on shifting. I'll send you a tune that I built for high HP street driving. The replys I get from my customers are very positive shifts.