• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
JoshH

Who keeps track of their fuel costs?

JoshH    0

Just recently I started keeping track of my mileage, fuel cost and engine hours. I had a fillup on the 10th of March and then again today. So I figured I would see what I spent on fuel for a whole month. Total fuel expenses were $374.01. Total miles driven was 1314 making cost per mile approx. 28¢/mile. Overall average MPG is 14.3.

I didn't start keeping track of my hours until the 21st, but since then I've run up 21.4 hours of run time and average 36.4 MPH.

Anyone else want to share their data?

YMMOT    0

I've got a spread sheet on the Benz since I bought it back in May last year.

8882.8 Miles

370.149 Gallons

for an AVG of 24.00 MPG

$1213.06 total spent

Which avgs out to $3.272 per gallon

13.66¢ per mile in fuel...

Been doing the same for the Beetle too:

7810.9 miles

198.08 gallons

for an avg of 39.43 mpg!!

$637.06 spent on fuel

Avgs out to $3.215 per gallon

8.16¢ per mile in fuel

Avg cost for Reg Unleaded during this time frame has been $2.981

nate    0

I keep track of most everything on all my rigs. Fuel and parts for the most part. I have it on my computer at home though.

I was figuring our truck at work, and we get around 12mpg with it. I'm sure from all the short trips. We put 345 miles on it since the 1st of the month, mainly running to and from the shop to the parking lot which is 2 miles round trip.

nate    0

I have put $5975.00 of fuel in my truck in 32,500 miles, which is about $0.18 a mile.

As for the parts, well I have close to what I paid for the truck in parts :oops::lol: Course the cost of the truck plus all the parts is still only 1/2 the cost of a new truck.

Guest ShanesLB7   
Guest ShanesLB7

My fuel bill is around $1800 to $3000 a month... that's about it for keeping log's because I do so much stop and go driving... I do check the miledge atleast once a week though...

My fuel bill is around $1800 to $3000 a month... that's about it for keeping log's because I do so much stop and go driving... I do check the miledge atleast once a week though...

:death: i thought mine cost alot

Guest ShanesLB7   
Guest ShanesLB7
You a hot shot driver?

Nope constuction... Drove 293 miles yesterday and 187 today!!:-(

Guest ShanesLB7   
Guest ShanesLB7
what kind of construction, that is what i do but it is real slow for us around here....

Well don't worry because it's really slowing here... I do mostly new construction but do tackle re-models and what not... any more it's whatever pays the bills!!!:thumbup:

millco    8
Well don't worry because it's really slowing here... I do mostly new construction but do tackle re-models and what not... any more it's whatever pays the bills!!!:thumbup:

You got that right......!!

(You can't trust the over head 'lie-O-meter'. Mine constantly reads 2-5 or more miles per gallon higher than reality.....) (Last fill up three days ago: it read 17.3 and it got 14 on paper. I'm pretty worried today: we get home from Poc'y and overhead reads 13.9. Does that mean I got around 10? Will fill up later today and find out. (I have to remember to look; maybe it got changed over to 'metric'.....?) Oh boy.....)

IDMooseMan    27

I used to keep track of that stuff when I was still teaching motorcycle safety. It was tax-deductible as a business expense. Haven't been an instructor in a few years, now (medical reasons), so I don't keep track of it anymore.

Now I just write my mileage on the receipt and calculate MPG when I get home. Been getting average of 16.7 - 17.25 MPG. I'm curious what effect the ICP Resistance Mod (BOMB Party rocks) will have on MPG.

i drive on average 400 miles a day 36 miles to work average 100 to job site 20 miles one way to lunch, and then 40 from work to my girlfreinds house and then back home is another 5 so alittle over 400 a day thank god for that 100 gallond slip tank in the bed and 21 miles per gallon oh ya and free fuel curtasy of my brothers construction company i work for