The Porker

Fire Ringed 24v Head

Okay, did a quick search, and couldn't come up with anything. Does anyone have their head on their 24v fire ringed, and if so, who did the work? Just trying to see if a local can perform this mod, or if I need to just send it to Scheid. Thanks in advance.

P.S. I don't want any "my friend had Bob's Machine Shop blah blah blah."

If your friend had it done, they can tell me about it. I'm looking for real results, not hersay. If you don't know, don't post. Have a great day.:thumbup:

Well, I could give you the names of local shops that have done tons of these including friends motors but they havent done mine so good luck with the search.

The only problem I have with second hand info is that, well, it's second hand info. I just want to avoid the whole "my friend's been using blah blah blah for 10 years with no problems" type thing, you know? Not trying to be an assh*le, but I think most of you can relate. Thanks, though. I'm going to need all the luck I can get.

get ahold of Brian or Sean at Dominator Performance, they have them done by a really good shop in texas, I'm running one now and I've abused the holy piss out of it with no problems.

I assume you mean an O-ringed head, as a fire ring requires the block to be disassembled and machined as well, where an O-ring is just the head.

Maybe someone can post on here who a buddy that had his rig done and knows the place he had it done with, you kinda limited your options, maybe someone on here has a buddy that had the extra coin to spend.. Then base the decisions if someone does do it local you will have the chance to contact them...

I used to work at Fedex. I can get the block shipped for less than most of you paid to ship just your head.:lol: Besides, I think I found place in the big WA. Not 100% for sure yet. And if it's that close, I'll haul it up there myself.:smokin

We can get them done for you. We have a shop that does O-Ring to the heads in Texas like Russ said but we also have a shop here locally that we have fire ring the heads. For the head cleaned, fluxed, decked (if needed), fire ringed along with a machined gasket, the rings and titanium keepers for your springs it is about $1200.00

If you don't want the keepers it is less. We can also get heavy duty pushrods for Around $190 a set.

O-ringed is a smaller thinner wire that is pressed into the head that sits on the outer edge of the factory fire ring on the head gasket.

Fire Ringing is a much larger machined ring that eliminates the fire ring on the head gasket completely and replaces it with the copper/stainless.... rings.

Don't know if it will help but there is a race machine shop in rigby that is called troy's engines-- don't know if he has a little or alot of experience with diesels but i know he has done a lot of custom race engines for people. might give him a call.