RockinJW

Water/Meth Installed

Water kit is on, I've got it set to start injecting through the small nozzle at 2psi and will be at 100% flow at 6psi. Perfect for cruising on the highway. You want this nozzle spraying as much as possible at your cruising boost. This is where the increase in fuel mileage comes in.

The second and third nozzles begin injecting at 12psi and by 25psi they are spraying at full capacity. I've only drove it about 5 miles, you'll have to stay tuned for results.

MY EGT's definately don't climb as fast though

I don't know much about water meth injection, but I see some guys running it. Does it run all the time or just when you flip a switch or open it up all the way kinda like nitrous?

Anyways... COOL! :thumbup:

It's got a toggle switch for on/off. So it won't run if you don't want it too.

Right now, it's just set on boost only. So as the boost increses so does the injection amount. It can also be set to run of boost and egt's. Seems to be a pretty sweet set-up so far.

Mine is the Snows MPG Max kit.

And I want to run straight water, but I'm afraid it will freeze, so I'll just run a bottle or two of windshield fluid until it warms up a bit.

I've seen too many pistons destroyed because of methanol, this kit was for cooling purposed only.

Well, not sure on mileage yet. But the truck is running lower egt's. I can floor it at 65mph and just barely hit 1300 degrees at 100mph. It would be reaching 1500+ without water.

I'll be doing some mileage testing soon, with a trailer in tow.

Guest ShanesLB7
Well, not sure on mileage yet. But the truck is running lower egt's. I can floor it at 65mph and just barely hit 1300 degrees at 100mph. It would be reaching 1500+ without water.

I'll be doing some mileage testing soon, with a trailer in tow.

:thumbup: Saweet keep us posted...

A good point was brought up dont know if it is true or not but I was told that introducing water into a cast iron block with steel piston rings makes them wear out faster by making them age faster through corosion. Dunno.:roll:

seems to work great, temps stay cool, I'd say a good 100 degrees cooler at cruising. Made the 100 mile round trip on the freeway tonight to the Green T testing it.

Cruised at 80mph, 3-4psi boost, egt's never got over 850. Average cruising egt's were 650-725. Water starts spraying through the small nozzle at 2psi and is at full spray at 6psi. Averaged 14.8mpg in my 485hp tune. Used about 2.5-3 gallons of water.

Used more water than I thought it would, but I've got it turning on pretty early. Snows recommended starting it at like 6psi, mine kicks on at 2psi. I'll be making the same exact round trip in the morning. This time without water. So I can compare egt's and mileage under the same driving conditions.

Just got back from the same 100 mile trip, this time with no water.

On ramp egt's got up to 970 degrees. It was 835 degrees on the same on ramp at the same throttle position with water last night.

Cruising egt's averaged around 750-800 this morning, so about 100-150 cooler with water.

Fuel mileage was 13.9 this morning as well, so it was around .9mpg better with water.

Guest 9812VCTD

Sounds like a nice kit and your seeing some MPG gains. Glad you made it to the dinner meet last night!

Justin

Guest ShanesLB7

Ok so how big is your tank?? I am assuming that with as much as I tow daily that I would burn through a tank pretty quick...

Guest 9812VCTD
Ok so how big is your tank?? I am assuming that with as much as I tow daily that I would burn through a tank pretty quick...

If I remember right I think he said 7 gallons??

Yes, 7 gallon tank. I think if you were running it constant you could run through a whole tank of water with every tank of fuel.

I've just been running it on the hills, no need to run it on the flats while towing...it's definately cool to watch the pyro start climbing then just stop :thumbup:

Mine is set up off of boost, but there is also a switch mounted on the dash so you can turn it off completely.

Mine is set so the first nozzle comes on at 4psi and by 7psi is spraying 100%. The second and third nozzles start at 13psi and by 20psi are spraying 100%.

Guest ShanesLB7

got any pics? I think I am goona try one of these too.. Have you towed? egt's while towing... I love my twins mainly because I have never hit 1500 degrees with 20k in tow!! but i have hit 1450!! How much fluid do u use a week? Sorry for the questions just like to do my re-search..:thumbup:

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found