• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
Tuffenuf4u

Boost elbow for an Edge EZ, needed or not?

5 posts in this topic

Justin at CAG auto glass and customs in Idaho Falls hooked me up with an excellent used Edge EZ for my Commonrail, but the question is, i read the installation instructions online for this chip and it had instructions on installing the supplied brass boost elbow to the turbo for assistance in exceeding 20 LBS of boost without the wastegate opening, so.....would this be worth the effort ? and if so, what kind and where, could i find this fitting and how is it diffrent from the stock one on the turbo ?

You dont "need" it but you you can get all kinds of things for them instead of the elbow the hole is smaller so it doesnt open up the wastegate as soon just throw a c-clamp on the hose does the same thing and easier. Also they make an adjustable one with a valve so you can set it at what you want.

Depending on how 'fine tuned' you want it; but, I would think the adjustable one is the way to go.

I run one on my truck. I'm not sure who makes it, I got it from Bob Wagner when I bought my Smarty a few years ago.

I'm not sure what the stock turbo is supposed to boost to, but I can go to 35psi.

the stock hy/9 isnt really designed to run past 25psi, all your doing is increasing the charge air temps, not more cooler air. i would leave it for now and when you do a bigger fueling box and a turbo then turn up the boost to run the turbo in the optimum range.