• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

But getting there, am int he middle of doing a front clip swap on my 86 6.9, and on the ride home from purchase I noticed the temp, oil pressure, and tach weren't functional..

Temp and pressure, I can probably find those sensors on my own, but the tach... what feeds the tach? and how do I get it to stop fluttering, and actually read?

Also the fuel gauges are inaccurate.. I am waiting for that one til I get the flat bed off... but is that just a matter of cleaning the contacts, and making the sending unit feel like new?

They go bad, do they? Cool. will research one of those out, found the sending unit wire... well I will asume I did, yellow wire, all alone, right into the IP, most tach wires are yellow... Found three others, as well, glow plug sensor I believe, and oil and temp, going to brake cleaner all the female recepticals, and emery the male part of the sending unit..

Anyoe got a 7.3 IDI truck that I can sniff out tonight? want to find and look at some key components tonight before I tear into my new truck tomorrow.

I live in Nampa, would go as far as sand hollow or boise.

Kevin (I answer unknown numbers BlackDog... so either way)