Guest 9812VCTD

II Silver Bullet Installed

Guest 9812VCTD

It's been a few weeks ago but just getting around to posting about it. I have got to say this is a pretty sweet turbo I have been impressed with it. I have only towed a few times with it pulled a four place trailer with 4 sleds on it and it was ok, will have to tow something heavier to get a full feel for it but I think it prefers performance more than towing. I am hitting 50lbs of boost with it but my clutch was slipping also so now that I've got the Iron Giant in I'll be able to truly test it. I had to modify the oil drain tube to make it work with this turbo but other than that the install went good! Here's a few pics.

Justin

UPS made it:

HPIM0060.jpg

Looks good:

HPIM0062.jpg

Very nice:

HPIM0067.jpg

Pretty:

HPIM0066.jpg

Installed:

HPIM0080.jpg

All finished up:

HPIM0085.jpg

Guest 9812VCTD
:) Looks good, but that table looks like it was off that 70's show.

My wife says if I'd quit spending so much money on the truck she could afford a Nice table......LOL BTW you supposed to be looking at the turbo not the table...:D

Justin

Guest 9812VCTD
Like The Polish--looks Good

Thanks I'm glad they did it so I didn't have to I've done it once before and it's a serious PITA.

Justin

Guest 9812VCTD
need a ride in when your doin that 3rd gear launch

You'll definetly be getting one.....:thumbup:

Justin

Guest 9812VCTD

Thanks everyone appreciate it! Now that the clutch is done I'll be more than happy to give out some rides, just don't laugh if it's too slow....:D

Justin

Doc I had the HTT 60/14 on the truck before going to this turbo.

So, you are you likiing the Silver Bullet? Have you had a chace to really trash it? Any surging or any other issues? They sure are a lot cheaper than twins.

Guest 9812VCTD
So, you are you likiing the Silver Bullet? Have you had a chace to really trash it? Any surging or any other issues? They sure are a lot cheaper than twins.

At first I wasn't sure that I liked it but I have got used to driving with it and have grown to like it. There are some pretty good Mtn passes around here and one is a 6% grade for about 3-5 miles and with the HTT 60/14 at 70 mph I was about 20-25lbs of boost and roughly 1K Egt. With the Bullet I can pull the hill at 5lbs of boost and about 800 Egt's. If I can feather it into the boost while driving it spools really fast and smooth, but if I hammer it from a stop it takes awhile to spool but once this turbo lites it pulls really hard up to 50lbs of boost and made a huge difference in the seat of the pants dyno...LoL. I have only towed with this turbo one time I had a 4 place trailer and 4 snowmachines on it and it seems to want to surge a little while towing this setup, I haven't had a chance to tow anything really heavy yet to give an accurate report. I have a feeling this turbo won't be as suited for towing as it will be for wide open power. This turbo also has a Sweet whistle to it, so between the exhaust and the turbo need earplugs for too long of a trip.....:D Hope this info helps......:thumbup:

Justin

Thanks..been thinking about a Silver Bullet just not sure how well it would work on a 12V. Have a buddy running over 1000 hp on his CR...seems to work pretty good.

Justin while that turbo looks pretty your ATS manifold doesn't look bad either. What did you coat it with and how's it holding up? Looking forward to maybe peeking at it at the dyno event.

Guest 9812VCTD

Thanks Vaughn how you been. On the manifold I just cleaned it up good and sprayed it about 3 times with heavy coats of high heat paint, I am Really surprised it is holding up well it has faded just a little but holding up better than I thought. I'll see you at the dyno event I'm curious to see what the truck will do.

Justin

I saw your other thread on the manifold, nice work on the porting. Do you remember what brand of paint you used? Everything I've seen rated ~1200F was always really flat paint, haven't seen anything with any sort of a gloss to it.

I tried Por 15 header/manifold paint on a couple different ATS manifolds and while it looked great at first it always cracked & peeled badly after a few weeks.