• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
RockinJW

Quad Adrenaline

RockinJW    0

Looks like we'll be installing and dynoing the new Quadzilla Adrenaline on a basically stock 98' 24v next week :thumbup: Oughta be interesting to see how this thing works, they say it's the best thing out there since canned beer.

Supposed to blow a Comp box out of the water...stay tuned

RockinJW    0

They claim 180hp and 420tq to the rear wheels :-o It just hit the market in January. 10 settings adjustable on the fly. Looks like a pretty neat set-up. Plus it's internet upgradeable.

The truck we're using is a 98.5 automatic with nothing but a 4" exhaust. Should be fun, hope the tranny holds

jmono    0

I saw a chart over on cummins forum, I think the guy gained like 183 hp or something like that :-o

EDIT: I found the post but it's on DTR :lol:

Here is what's said about the dyno:

"Dynoed Adrenaline Friday night…..

OBSERVATIONS… Five Dyno Runs; all with H2O/meth on.

-Box makes an honest 183 HP and 407 ft-lbs Torque, on my CTD

-PL08 is still strongest (dyno) setting tested…. As was on V300 tune (TST Comp was #7)

-Wish I had tested PL07

-PL09 lost 21 HP/160 ft-lbs

-PL10 lost additional 1 HP/1 ft-lb.

-Surprisingly Comp Tune on PL08 lost 56 HP and 130 ft-lbs ….. Pulled smoothly and hard to 3850 rpm and felt stronger than results showed??

RESULTS…

1st Pull - ADR2000 on PL00, 415 hp / 849 ft-lbs

2th Pull - ADR2000 on PL08, 598 hp / 1256 ft-lbs, reved to red line rpm

3rd Pull - ADR2000 on PL09, 576 hp / 1096 ft-lbs, reved to red line rpm

4th Pull - ADR2000 on PL10, 575 hp / 1095 ft-lbs, reved to red line rpm

5th Pull - Comp Tune on PL08, 541 hp / 1126 ft-lbs,reved to 3850 rpm

Correction Factor = 1.1, All results corrected #’s"

RJ

RockinJW    0

Owner plans on doing a lift pump and a turbo in the future. But we want to see what it will do on a stock truck first.

I can't imagine the stock fuel system and injectors can keep up with that kind of tuning, I'll let you know either way though

himarker    0

Im really interested in this, im kinda hopin to get everything else set up first...ya know, clutch, gauges, lift pump, etc, then if it seems to perform well for mose guys then i'll probably go that route...180 tune and 100hp sticks...that should be a fun ride....:coal

Snowman    0

Well if this thing proves its self i think that I might just sell the comp box and go to this. From what they say about it, It should be a good product.

Been running it a day or so.

So far, pretty impressed. Great bottom end compared to the Edge. Not as much smoke as Smarty. Definitely more smoke than my Juice on a low sublevel. Not a good thing for me, but there's lots of programs to still try.

This thing rips on top!

I have tried 3 different programs and my SOTP dyno can't tell much a difference, but driveability seems to be very good.

Gonna tow this weekend with it and will have a better idea of how it does on cruise with some big sticks.

Dave

RockinJW    0

Put it in today actually. Dynoeing tomorrow. On this basically stock truck, it doesn't seem to help as much as we had hoped. Definately stronger than stock though

md-lucky    0

I imagine you would be running out of charger before running out of fuel.

I was hitting 42+ psi with my stock charger on a Catcher/FMS stack. That was with stock sticks, and an intake and exhaust. EGTs were in the 1400-1450 range. You can only cool so much with a stock turbo before it becomes the bottle neck.. long before injectors become the issue.

Are you sure the wire tap is good? It should be a kick in the pants compared to stock.

DPDIESEL    0

We changed from a Comp to the Adrenaline and have been very impressed with it. With our charger (PS66) the Adrenaline makes it spool quicker and the power through the complete curve is stronger. Seems to work well with the HotRod VP as well except makes the ratty idle a little worse.

We have them in stock for all you bots that would like to try them. :thumbup:

RockinJW    0

The Adrenaline runs great in the lower levels, but there are some issues in the upper programs.

I don't think the factory lift pump and injection pump with 143,000 miles on them are up to the task.

It's not a problem with the chip though

I downloaded ADR 2000 and man oh man what a difference! I didn't notice any problems at the higher levels other than my stock clutch slipping. :shock:

It's a fun box even with my modest mod's.

Now I need bigger injectors, a bigger turbo....and a new clutch$$$