90cummins

Help: battery, starter or maybe alternater Issues

I'm at a loss, i can't figure out what's going on with my pickup, the battery started dying on me a couple months ago and i swapped it out and it was ok for a while, then i replaced the plunger and contacts on the starter solenoid which helped then i stopped driving it for a while cause it kept dying and 3 days ago i put in a new alternator and a second battery and it still keeps dying and i don't know what the next move is... any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks...

Sounds like you have a short somehwere and it's drawing down the batt.

X2.... I had a buddy go thru the same deal last yr, turned out it was his ground... Good luck..

Im not sure about the first gens but you might check the alternator fuse. My brother fried one on his 98 12v but we didn't run it long enough that it would die, we found it first. Im not even sure if it will cause symptoms like what your having but you were talking about replacing the alternator....so I thought maybe...

Disconnect one side of the battery and then touch the cable end back to it if it sparks it has a draw and then you can pull fuses till it goes away and then bingo you found it.