jmono

Bhaf

I was looking into putting a BHAF on the like the 2nd and 1st gen guys do. Quick question though, what do you do with the sensor that plugs into the box? :confused: Also where would be a place to get a good filter? Should I get a pre filter too?

TIA

Jake

DRC used to have a whole setup to replace the TQ tube and connector with the sensor. You just added your favorite BHAF to it. I can't find it on their web site anymore so gonna call them and see if it still available. Other option is to just add it to your connector piece.

I am partial to the Fleetguard AH19037 and Outerwears pre-filter. Even full of dust it will outflow the stock filters.

Yeah, I have been trying to think of where to mount that sensor... I found a nice BHAF typ thing over on dieselbombers... I dunno though, I gotta do some more research.

Guest ShanesLB7
Yeah, I have been trying to think of where to mount that sensor... I found a nice BHAF typ thing over on dieselbombers... I dunno though, I gotta do some more research.

Jake if you can Do Mark's set up it is killer... It's the equivelant of a stage II but 1/10 the cost... He also has a video of how it sounds pm him he can get it to you...:thumbup:

If you want you can do it like mine. I got the rubber elbows at a local truck supply and used 'recycled' 4" aluminum sprinkler pipe. I think it works pretty good. I do want a bigger element; it still maxes out the filter minder.......

http://picasaweb.google.com/millcosctd/AirFilter/photo#5179002883592495922

If you have any questions, just ask away!

(I just drilled a small hole in the side of the rubber elbow and pushed the AIT sensor right in. It seals tightly and keeps any fasteners from being inside. It would be bad if they came loose and headed into the turbo!! I just make sure it stays in by wrapping it with electrical tape!)

Sorry I haven't been back here sooner to reply.....

K, the rubber boots were about $14/Ea from the local truck shop. I would recommend better clamps than what I used. The OEM's aren't quite big enough for the thicker rubber. I like the AC Delco element I used and it is made well; I just don't think it is worth the $65. I got that big gear clamp to hold the element to the bracket I made at the truck shop also. I think it was about $8. That was about the total cost. I spent nada for the straight pieces of 4" aluminum.

Check your local Cummins dealer or NAPA for a filter. You can also check: www.fleetfilter.com as they have great prices too.

Here is a partial list of the element you are looking for:

Fleetguard AH19037

NAPA 2790

WIX 42790

Donaldson B105006

Baldwin PA2820

Hastings AF1012

AFE 20-40044

Carquest 87790

John Deere pmah19037

Big A 93790

Caterpillar 3i0005

Fleetrite ahr819037

Luber-finer laf2531

Fram ca6818

UNI 908

HTH,

Any more questions, just let me know!

Here's a shot of it without the stainless steel cowl-induction hat:

post-401-145494291721_thumb.jpg

It has enough Cummins-spec airflow & filtration to support over 1K HP, retains the stock filter-minder & IAT sensor and sounds Bad to the Bone!

Now you have my attention..... I would like to see more pics too. What element does it use? Do you make a bigger one? I have more room now that the battery is gone on that side.........

Guest ShanesLB7
Now you have my attention..... I would like to see more pics too. What element does it use? Do you make a bigger one? I have more room now that the battery is gone on that side.........

Dan this is the fellow I was telling you about on DTR.....(sshhhh) i didn't say that!!:twisted: but he has a wicked air system!!!:thumbup:

Here's a shot of it without the stainless steel cowl-induction hat:

[ATTACH]788[/ATTACH]

It has enough Cummins-spec airflow & filtration to support over 1K HP, retains the stock filter-minder & IAT sensor and sounds Bad to the Bone!

Interesting...do tell more.

It uses commonly available FleetGuard elements... it's the most hugest biggy one that can fit in the engine bay without removing vital components - like the CAC or shock tower - but if you're one battery short of a full circuit there'd be room enough for the Super BHAF AND twins! 8-)

Dan this is the fellow I was telling you about on DTR.....(sshhhh) i didn't say that!!:twisted: but he has a wicked air system!!!:thumbup:

Great - Shane's been telling you guys all the bad stuff! :shock::thumbup:

Interesting...do tell more.

Well, the entire system weighs just a few pounds more than the OEM air intake scheme, draws underhood air in cooler weather to enhance fuel efficiency (CTDs like intake horn airflow temps 60-90*F) and feeds from the cowl plenum at the base of the windshield for hot weather or performance gains due to the cooler, denser higher-pressure air supply.

Of course, there's a 304SS FOD screen in the cowl fascia to keep out large birds and small airplanes:

post-401-145494291738_thumb.jpg

... just kidding about the aircraft - everyone knows the FAA regs don't allow them to fly that low! :lol: