• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
Guest 9812VCTD

Timing set today!

Guest 9812VCTD   
Guest 9812VCTD

Could tell by the way that my truck has been running for about the last 4 months or more that the timing had slipped. Jay (JGK) was kind enough to Re-set my timing for me today. It had slipped to 12.5 and wasn't running that good, it would not Free rev at all and would climb in the upper RPM's really slow and would not tack as high as it should. We decided we had better go big why we was there so the timing ended up being set at 18.55. I could instantly tell a difference when I first started driving it. It runs alot smoother and gains in the RPM's alot faster and free Rev's really smooth. Due to my clutch being fried I couldn't do a full power fun to see the full effect. Thanks again Jay for your help today a Job Well done!!8-)

Justin

Guest 9812VCTD   
Guest 9812VCTD

Thanks guys I'm looking forward to getting the clutch in so I can really see how it does, can't wait for a third gear launch! Plus I need to Re-Torque my headstuds to 140 to help keep the HG happy.

Justin

JGK    0

I'm glad it's running great for you. It gives me a warm and fuzzy when I see the smile on a person's face after getting a timing bump.

It won't be long before that new clutch goes in. The urge to hammer it after a performance tweak is just too strong.

Resistance is futile...

-Jay

jmono    0

That I do not know. I remember reading something about having to have special timing tools for a 12v but don't quote me on it.

Guest 9812VCTD   
Guest 9812VCTD
did you get your billet pushrods yet justin??

No not yet have been soooo busy haven't even had a chance to get some ordered yet.......but I am missing driving my truck so I better get off my butt and get some ordered. JJ was going to send me up a couple stockers to get me back on the road again then I can get the new one's coming.

Justin

DZS-Cummins    0
No not yet have been soooo busy haven't even had a chance to get some ordered yet.......but I am missing driving my truck so I better get off my butt and get some ordered. JJ was going to send me up a couple stockers to get me back on the road again then I can get the new one's coming.

Justin

ya thatll be good... i know how it is not to have your truck.... it sucks...... if i send you all the pics of my stacks can you post em up for me my computer wont let me :(