Big_Dan97

Beans elec fuel

Well folks its in. BDP (beansdieselperformance) elec fuel. Ill start driving tomorrow after I get my new ICP sensor :-x I had a little leak on startup, went to tighten it up and when I was done teh ICP was broke, mustve leaned on it or something, so a friend of mine is comin from Kuna tomorrow to bring me one off his spare engine :thumbup: I havent driven this pig in 5-6 weeks, tomorrow the coal..............................will roll :smokin and I gives a damn bout fuel prices $$$ all the money I saved not drivin for 6 weeks :lol:

Its a great system, Id buy it again for another OBS. It is not a newbie mod though, Id say this is the same difficulty as........retro IC? Time consuming and tedious. Route a line, stare at it, reroute it, til its just right that it wont rub.

I must say, had it not been for Jeremiah, Bean wouldve gotten a restraining order against me :lol: Its nice to have people you can call and text for help, I call Jer my text-a-friend, Bean my phone/email-a-friend, and some rednecks answered some late night qs too:thumbup:

Heres the pics http://good-times.webshots.com/album/562935814zYBxEH

Ill post up driving impressions tomorrow.

Overall install took 2 afternoons, if my head was out of my 4th point of contact on day 1 I wouldve probably been done that day. Including takin the old fuel system out, havin a tool bhitc/sidekick, id say its a 6-8hr job, DOE and tools.

Jeremiah thanks for your help, Josh (tuffenuff) thanks for the tow. Its about time its me bein towed instead of you................ohhhhhhhhhburn

Dano

Hell yeah, glad to hear it's goin again... That means you'll be able to come to B-fast in the a.m. 8:30 at IHOPS in Meridian, Eagle rd and Fairview.. CUM..ON:thumbup:

no not yet I have some fittings leaking. I shouldve used teflon on the NPT fittings even though theyre tapered, I still shouldve. and I have a AN leakin somewhere. I was gonna work on it tonight but Im burnt out on it, me and Balin worked on it yesterday for about 6 hours or so

no not yet I have some fittings leaking. I shouldve used teflon on the NPT fittings even though theyre tapered, I still shouldve. and I have a AN leakin somewhere. I was gonna work on it tonight but Im burnt out on it, me and Balin worked on it yesterday for about 6 hours or so

Dude, get it going... CUM...ON:)

hell now, its been sitting for about 5 weeks, in another 5 my diesel might be bad :) Just so everyone knows, this isnt a Beans problem, I just didnt get some of my AN fittings tight enough (ive stripped lots of stuff out and worry about it constantly) Ive been assured you cant really strip out ANs and the NPTs taped.

hell now, its been sitting for about 5 weeks, in another 5 my diesel might be bad :) Just so everyone knows, this isnt a Beans problem, I just didnt get some of my AN fittings tight enough (ive stripped lots of stuff out and worry about it constantly) Ive been assured you cant really strip out ANs and the NPTs taped.

I know, IT'S A FORD THING. I'm sorry... Had to throw that in Brotha....:nono:

Well at least when I see the cops, I run for a while, instead of just rollin over and givin up:shock:

Don't talk smack, I know I have a better chance at losin em' than you'd ever thought of..............................LOL........:lol:

I love ya man, but seriously THINK ABOUT IT....

I love ya man, J/K..........]]]]]]]]]\\\\\\\\\\

For us non-Ford guys, what exactly does this setup do?

It also eliminates the managerie in the valley of the engine, to me it simplifies things. Some claim mileage gains, but youll definately have some hp gains. :thumbup:

Hey BUUUUUDDDDYYYYY!!! Thanks for the Shoutout, even though it was pretty F*&D up, LOL,,,,oh, and by the way, when i was pushin yer powerstroke in the shop, i did it at an idle, in 2nd gear at that....It was fun, but a dodge woulda still been cheaper....Ha HA...:thumbup:

that dodge of yours been pretty inexpensive for ya? Not that I remember :twisted: I thought (IIRC) that you had to back up a couple times to give me a nudge to get all the way in the shop? :nono:

Well go it up and runnin, and I mean runnin. The top end is great, even the wife said it feels faster, to me it doesnt really feel faster, it feels stronger. Time for a turbo followed by some new tunes!

Dan

Good job Dan, glad to hear you tracked down all the leaks... And side note, Next time you work on something get some help, then you won't be on it for 2 weeks......:poke

He could get nate to help....

How long were you working on that closet nate? :poke

Now thats very true...... 3 month closet boy...... hahahahaha

Well I think Dan knows, some of us work long hours to earn a living, and we don't have much spare time.

I put in about 625hrs in Feb and March.

(where is the dude poking in the pile of turd smiley?)

Not mad. 'bout done anyhow. Gonna try and throw down the last coat of paint later today if I feel well enough. Been home sick all this week.

i broke in tuffenufs truck with a 39 ft fifth wheel from pendleton oregon to fresno california after the swap.. I know how she runs...but i did have a edge ez in it.

big dan what would be different on an 02 7.3 with a elec fuel system??

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found