• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
IdahoSurveyor

Hello ITD friends

20 posts in this topic

Hello ya'll, I am new to the diesel world and just purchaced a 93 W250 extended cab from California, Woo Hoo no rust! Right when I was picking up the truck the injection pump failed and the gentleman that was selling it to me stepped up to replacing it with a rebuilt one. Kinda floored me he would drop $2K to fix it and put me in a hotel for the night, thank God there are still people with integrity in this world. The paperwork was done and it was mine and he could of just left me there stranded.

Anyways I am very mechanically challenged and was wondering if there was a mechanic or shop anyone would recomend in the Idaho Falls area to tweak it up a bit?

Thank you for your imput.:) :)

~Rob

Welcome to the site. Congrats on the new truck. Glad to hear that guy took care of you. Sent you a pm with some info.

Josh

Welcome Surveyor....!!

If you are taking it to a shop you definitely should take care of the KDP (Killer Dowel Pin). Or you could possibly attend an Idaho Turbo Diesel Bomb Party and take care of this stuff there. Lots of guys here with first gens and Im sure theyd be happy to help.

Welcome to the site. Sounds like you found a good truck and a great human being that stood behind what he sold.

Welcome... It goes to show that everything from Cali isn't bad... Right Tommy... :thumbup:

Welcome Rob, who do you work for? , or self? we have a monthly dinner meet in Poky. and other gatherings around the state.

Good Morning Summit, I work for Mountain River Engineering. Most of my partners have diesel trucks and I finally decided to cut my teeth on a oil burner. I wanted to keep it simple so I went with the classic 1st generation Dodge. I hope to work some of those gatherings into my schedule.

Sorry, that isn't integrity. That's him being ultra nice and apparently not too worried about $$ and you having bad luck!... Unless there was some sort of warranty on the truck.

Sold AS-IS... means as is to me. Once the $$ is handed over and the deal is done, that's it... yours now! NOW of course I don't sell stuff AS-IS when I know there is something wrong with it just to cover my ass either!

Yeah you got me riled up a little, cause I have had it happen to me before.

I had a guy pull that stunt on eBay. I had some old RAM from an old computer I don't have anymore, so I threw it up there... Listed it "AS-IS - I have no way to test it" Well it sold for like $10.

The guy gets it and it doesn't work than he emails me several times wanting his money back, that I was a bad seller, etc. Whatever dude.

Ennaway... welcome.

how long you worked for them? think i seen your truck there or somewhere around. Darrell, Allan, and Dianne have drawn me up stuff there.

I have worked for them for 20 years this July. I was MRE first employee and manage the survey department. These people are the greatest folks to work with in the world and I truly appreciate everything they do.

Welcome to ITD as Al said hope to see you at one of the events.

Justin

Welcome to the site hope you enjoy all the good info. And don't be afraid to ask questions.