• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest 9812VCTD

Thanks Josh and Dave

Guest 9812VCTD

I would just like to say thanks to Josh (willja) and Dave (BigD).

I have been talking to Dave about getting some stacks made up and he mentioned he had taken off the stack that he had recently built so I asked him what he was going to do with it and he made me an awesome deal on it and a 4" muffler, Just wanted to say thanks I appreciate it.8-)

I want to say Thanks to Josh for buying my turbo from me and for picking up the stack and muffler in I.F. before he met me in Pocatello today for lunch. We had an interesting trip in his truck after lunch but I'll let him fill you in on that..:D

It's people like this that make ITD such an awesome website and I'm glad to be a part of it and hope to be able to do something to help these guys out when they need it.

Thanks,

Justin

Guest 9812VCTD

Thanks again Dave I can't wait to get that Beast on.....I'll be sure to get some pics when I get it done and some with the Coal rolling...:twisted:

Justin

No problem man. Just glad I could help out.

So about this ride in my truck. I let Justin drive my 05 today after lunch. We got on I-15 southbound from Pocatello Creek Road and went to the south exit (the one at the bottom of the hill) We got about 25 feet or so from the stop sign and my truck slammed to a stop just like a dog hitting the end of his rope. It stopped so hard it threw everything on my back seat onto the floor. Justin and I just looked at each other like what the &$^*!! We got out to look and where my front drive line goes into the front diff was smoking bad and you couldn't even put your hand on it. It only has 41k on the ticker. I had just got a flexplate in the tranny on Monday and had my mechanic service the boxes as well. My first thought was I lost my tranny (What a sick feeling). I called my mechanic and he sent a tow truck. We got it back to his shop and he pulled the front cover and it only had about 1/2 a quart of oil.:-x He claims he filled it full but who knows. He found a new front axle that he is swapping mine out with tomorrow so at least he is taking care of it. He has always treated me right and done a good job so far. I am just glad we were only going 20 mph or so and no one got hurt. I'm torn though he is really helping me out with my mods and saving me a bunch of money but now I am nervous about it. I've got to much money wrapped up in my truck to let a careless mistake ruin it. I do have to say though once he found out it was his fault he manned up and is fixing the truck and taking care of the tow bill as well. He didn't make excuses like a lot of guys would have. Am I wrong to not want to go back to him or should a let an honest mistake go and give him another chance??

Josh

Atleast the mech. manned up, you don't hear of that too often. I wouldn't worry about him workin' on my rig if he's that honest with a customer. Glad to hear he's takin' care of the problem, and it's good that noone was hurt..

Guest ShanesLB7
Atleast the mech. manned up, you don't hear of that too often. I wouldn't worry about him workin' on my rig if he's that honest with a customer. Glad to hear he's takin' care of the problem, and it's good that noone was hurt..

I agree... Any more that takes a lot for him to admit to that!!!:thumbup:

. Am I wrong to not want to go back to him or should a let an honest mistake go and give him another chance??

Josh

I would definitely go back. If he is taking care of the tow bill and fixing it than that right there is a good mechanic. It shows that he is willing to stand behind his work.

Honesty is a hard thing to find when it comes to mechanics these days, I would stick with him!

That's what I was thinking. I talked to him today and he got my truck put back together. I am going to pick it up tomorrow. He even drained the rear diff and the tcase again and cleaned them out real good and refilled the fluid. He serviced them on monday but redid it today to make sure it was right. He said he had his guys double check it and wants me to look at it tomorrow before I take it. I was frustrated about it yesterday and it wasn't fun sitting on the side of the interstate in poky half the day but I am really happy with his service and the way he took care of things. He never even attempted to make an excuse. When I first called him I told him my front end siezed up and the first thing he said was "a tow truck is on its way". Then when he knew it was his fault he did some checking and about two minutes later he said I'll have a new front axle and have it fixed by thursday afternoon. At first I wanted to tell him what a dirtbag he was but the more I thought about this is definitley the guy I want working on my rigs.

Guest 9812VCTD

Sounds like a great guy and I'm glad he took good care of your truck and you can continue to do business with him. It is nice to trust the person who is working on your truck and know they will do a good job and if something does go wrong do what it takes to make it right!:thumbup:

Justin