Dangle

I bought a Glock model 22

I bought a police issue Glock 22 in a 40 s&w, it came with 3 high capacity mags and night sights. I am pretty jacked to shoot it, i need to practice a bit before i have to qualify with it. I bought it used for 489.00 with the high capacity mags.:twisted:

glocks are great :thumbup: i've had my share of em in the past several yrs and loved every one. mdls 22,23,27. then tried 17,19,26. had several of each. only reliability prob was not the fault of the weapon.[limpwristing] and the glock is more forgivingof that than other semi-autos. i miss them little plastic suckers

now ya need a glock 27 as a backup :D

Good deal man. I carry one at work and have one at home as well. I have no complaints with it. If you ever want to do any mods or after market parts I have a couple of buddies that are really sharp with em and can get stuff cheap.

Josh

I finally said screw it and bought what i wanted, when and if i go full time they will buy my weapon. You are correct on the sub compact for a backup weapon.

Good choice on the Glock. I have a Glock 22 myself and I love it. Shoots circles around my .45 auto!! I have shot thousands of rounds through the Glock and have never had a problem. Nice gun!

Sounds like a good deal to me.

I've used Beretta's, Glock's, S&W's (semi-autos and wheel-guns), H&K's, Uzi's (I like these), AK-47's (not bad either), and currently shoot and carry a Ruger. Wish I could've kept them all.

I'm not a big fan of the Glock's grip safety, but that's personal preference. There's absolutely nothing wrong with the Glock's.

Maybe we should organize an informal range-day. If anyone is interested, I could check on the availability of my Club's range and possibly request reserving a day for us, if there's enough of us that want to go.

For a .40, I would pick a S&W M&P actually.

I just never have been a fan of Glock. I have a very hard time with the trigger setup and I have shot a few different ones (all .40s though)

Steve, you need to pickup a big boy like the .500 S&W or the .460. We got my Dad the .460 a few Christmases ago. It's a beast! He put a big scope on it recently, you gotta have some forearms to hold the thing steady :lol:

Let me guess the military boys like the Beretta....LOL

Because of it being for police work i had a few choices and this one i got was a pretty good deal so i bought it.

I prefer metal frame guns. My favorite is the 1911. I've got a cheap Sprinfield Armory that I've put a couple thousand rounds through without a stoppage yet.I just like the way it feels and shoots. Plus the aftermarket is so strong for them you can do just about anything to them. I'm not sure if it's the double stack magazine or what but the Beretta feels a little awkward in my hand. I still shoot it well enough to qualify expert with it. I like their shotguns though :thumbup:

I haven't done a lot of research or looking into .40s, but my dad has a Sig in .40 cal that feels really nice. I haven't shot it or anything, but I like the overall feel of it (and Sig makes nice pistols).

I don't like the feel of the Glock, but, much like anything else, it all comes down to personal preference. Some swear by them others swear at them. To each their own. It's nice to have something you really like.

I never liked the Glock until I owned one and carry it. I have a 27 compact 40cal. I'm amazed how accuate the little thing is.

Congrats Steve. I have had mine for 8 years and the night sights are still glowing great.

Steve, coulda got with me about the S&W... you can say I have some connections.

I may have this glock and find out that i hate it..who knows.

Rob i looked at a S&W M and P i liked it really well but it would have needed night sights installed....this was a cheap priced gun that got me started ...who knows what i will end up with...

Guest 9812VCTD

I've had that same gun for a number of years and put alot of rounds through it and been really happy with it.

Justin

...Maybe we should organize an informal range-day. If anyone is interested, I could check on the availability of my Club's range and possibly request reserving a day for us, if there's enough of us that want to go.
Should I pursue this idea or is no one interested in the offer at this time?