• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

i don't know what is going on. my truck is a 96 3500 auto with a homemade 100 plate full forward, afc full forward, starwheel at stock position, and the wastegate is plugged. but i have no smoke. full throttle i get a very faint puff. but thats it. i thought with a 100 plate full forward and the starwheel all the way back i should have a cloud of smoke. i checked each of my injectors and they are fine. i don't think i have enough fuel pressure or something. the truck also feels the same as when i had the stock plate slide forward. i don't even feel a difference with the 100 plate. this is really bugging me! cussing.gif help me please! hail.gif thanks

What are your Boost and Pyro #'s? I would start with a fuel filter change. After that I would go to the Overflow valve. One other thing would be the depth of you #100. It should be flush with with the top of the plate (where it bolts to the afc) all the way down to the tip.

Dont worry about the plate that probably isnt the issue. Any grindage of the plate will result in more fuel. Remove the 8mm allen head plug from the top of the afc and turn the starwheel towards the motor. This will increase pre-boost fuel (smoke). If the doesn't help then i would say your gov. is riding under the plate and needs adjustment.

http://www.pdrdiesel.com/oldsite/TechLeverAdj.htm

thanks alot schaef 12. that link was awesome, lots of good info. i was wondering about the rack because when i looked in the pump and moved the throttle it didn't look like the rack was coming anywhere near the plate. im gonna check it out after work tommorrow, and see if i can adjust it. ill let you know how it turns out. :thumbup: