• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
Desperado

Tachometer go zoooom

8 posts in this topic

I either broke my tach. or the Van Haisley DD took a dump. Last time I talked with Van, he, for the most part. said tough titie, even though he knew there was a problem with the disc's in the production run my clutch came from, Van did say he could set me up with a new set of disc's, at the tune of $800.00, I said I don't think that your clutch is worth another $800.00 and a month of down time, so I gave Peter at South Bend a call, I'll have a new sprung hub street comp. DD 12CB 3600# plate load clutch in the next few weeks, and it will only be a few hundered buck more for a clutch from a man that will stand behind is parts. Sorry for the rant.

I've got the same tach problem you have......I fixed it with a SBC Iron giant.8-)

Justin

I'm not in to sled pulling,just need a clutch that will hold 550~600hp and some where over 1000tq for towing.

I've got the same tach problem you have......I fixed it with a SBC Iron giant.8-)

Justin

Justin whats it like driving the Iron Giant? Whats the pedal pressure like? Whats a ballpark price on one?

Ive never drove a dual disk.

Justin whats it like driving the Iron Giant? Whats the pedal pressure like? Whats a ballprak price on one?

Ive never drove a dual disk.

I wish I could tell you It's still sitting in the box on my bedroom floor....:-( But I'll be sure to post the info once I get the install done.

Justin