• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

schaef_12    0

Well, I have to rant for alittle bit this morning. I was driving my pickup last nigh and stepped on the throttle a little bit and all the sudden my water temp drops about 30* and I hear the sound of water running through heater core. POS HEADGASKET IS BLOWN AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. 3rd time in 3 months. When i did this last one i checked the head, I checked the block, and I put a .10 marine gasket in it with ARP 12mm studs. I just dont get what is going on. Max boost is 35 psi, i havent even turned it back up since i did the headstuds because i was afraid of this. Maybe the timing is super screwed up. How much timing does it take to fry a marine gasket with studs?

schaef_12    0
hmmmmm And you think the head is cracked now? Was it maged or pressure checked?

No i did not have ti checked, but that is the only reason i can think of why it keeps taking a dump. Other than maybe when i had the timing bumped they screwed up and advanced it waaaaay more than they thought they were. I cant imagine that they would mess up that badly....but who know i guess i should take it somewhere and get the timing checked before i do anything else. If that is the case i will be worried about he bottom end taking a beating for the last couple thousand miles..........

powerhouse    0

Ok, when you hear water running (sound) in the heater core does that always mean the head gasket is blown? ever since I got my heater core replaced, on really cold mornings, usually below say 23ish, mine makes that sound, as soon as i start going it stops, and it only does it for a little while when idleing. I am new to this site and to diesels so sorry if this is a stupid question.

schaef_12    0

Not sure if it is that way on all diesels, just a tell tale sign on mine. If it's not getting hot (coolant wise) and it gets up to normal operating temps you ussually fine. One way to check is to pop the cap off of the overflow bottle and watch while it is running. If small rythmetic bubbles occur then its ussually bad news for the hg.

Guest 9812VCTD   
Guest 9812VCTD

I am wondering about the timing issue.....I'm not sure how much would cause the HG to go but definetely worth checking into. I wish you lived closer so I could have you help me pull my head when I get ready to do the O-Rings..seriously that does suck that you have had that many failures in such a short period I hope you can figure out what is going on this time and not have to do it again.

Justin

schaef_12    0
I am wondering about the timing issue.....I'm not sure how much would cause the HG to go but definetely worth checking into. I wish you lived closer so I could have you help me pull my head when I get ready to do the O-Rings..seriously that does suck that you have had that many failures in such a short period I hope you can figure out what is going on this time and not have to do it again.

Justin

Well i guess that's one good thing about doing 3 hg, is that i can pull a head on a 12v in about an 1.5-2hrs with alot of air wrench:thumbup:

But yeah, i would really like to just be done changing hg in it.