• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest POWERTRIP

Pulsewidth

Guest POWERTRIP

How much pulsewidth are you guys running with your efi live? How much can be run in a duramax?

On my tunes I run around 400-1000 microsec. with normal driving, if you hammer down you go towards 3900, just depends on what you want...

What does that compare to in milliseconds?

Pulse width is measured in microseconds (uS). 1 microsecond is .001 milliseconds (mS). So, 1000 uS = 1 mS.

My daily driven tune runs a max of 2400 uS but, on the highway, stays around 500-800 uS depending on speed and load.

Guest POWERTRIP

Just trying to compare it to the Ford world. Its measured in milliseconds. We run around 3-5ms of pw.

Guest POWERTRIP
So you guys run 3000-5000us??? Is that on a race tune?????

Not 3000-5000 just 3-5ms. Never heard of it being used as thousands. Even the scanners show it this way.

Maybe... and I'm just guessing here, the duramax injectors can dump more fuel in a shorter period and that is why the Ford injection event lasts longer?

My guess is it has to do with the amount of fuel pressure at the injector. I don't know what type of fuel pressure a Powerstroke runs, but with 26k psi of fuel pressure (what an LBZ runs at WOT) you can dump a lot of fuel in a very short amount of time.

Guest POWERTRIP
My guess is it has to do with the amount of fuel pressure at the injector. I don't know what type of fuel pressure a Powerstroke runs, but with 26k psi of fuel pressure (what an LBZ runs at WOT) you can dump a lot of fuel in a very short amount of time.

That why I was askin what pw you guys were running. That is we cant make the power. We cant get the fuel out. But psi on a psd depends on what injectors your running and what psi your hpop is putting out.

reverse hybrid 8:1

Stock injector- 7:1

B-code 6:1

hybrids 5:1

then just multiply what pressure your hpop is puttin out and that will give you your fuel pressure. So if you pump puts out 3000 psi multiply it by the first # above.:thumbup: