• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

broncman

Edge Juice w/ attitude for 7.3??

A friend of mine just bought a 2000 F-250 7.3. He wants to chip it soon. I recommended the edge juice with attitude. He wants a noticeable power improvement, but wants to be safe. I figured the edge would be good for him because it includes guage readouts & will backdown automatically if he gets it on the hot side. Does anyone here have experience with this setup & what do you think? Thanks in advance!

Might wanna be careful I've read alot about those 4R100 going when you add a little power to them. My friend had an 01, with a little over 100k on the odo and with just an Edge Evo his tranny started to slip bad.

My advise is that you go with either a DP-Tuner or Tony Wildman set up. For the best performance out of the 7.3's you can't go wrong with these custom tuners. All others are pretty much a canned tune for the same price as the custom tunes. Here is a link for DP-Tuner I am sorry that I don't have a link for the Tony Wildman tunes, Jer , AKA Powertrip, can get you a link.

http://www.dp-tuner.com/

itll be fine, edge, banks, bullydog, dont add "alot" of power until the higher settings, best thing to do IMO is get a tymar intake and an exhaust first then he'll get the full benefit from the programmer or chip whatever he goes with.

Dan

Might wanna be careful I've read alot about those 4R100 going when you add a little power to them. My friend had an 01, with a little over 100k on the odo and with just an Edge Evo his tranny started to slip bad.

The great thing about the DP-tuner or Tony's Tunes is they also can tune in the tranny. And if your going for some of the more aggresive tune they can work with Brian at BTS to customise a valve body for the auto.

Jody and Tony, the big names in custom PSD programming, live it, they get the most dollar for dollar power out of your truck they can squeeze out. Im partial to Tony, but have never tried Jody.

As far as the power on the Edge it does just fine for me, the way that i understand is that unless you upgrade the injectors you can only get so much power out of the tuners. And my truck has 180,000 miles and my tranny works just fine, i leave the defuel on WOT shifts on. But in hindsight i wish i would have found this site before o bought my edge becaus the way it sounds is that the custom tunes are the way to go. Just my 2 cens however.

I'm going to have to go ahead and say don't waste your time or money on Edge, they make decent products. But you would be much happier with a custom chip from a company like DP Tuner and a full set of gauges...

Rockin

I totally agree, but, if its a shared vehicle, like my exc, I opted for the edge because I set it up to flash, I dont want my wife or dad gettin crazy drivin it and say, "was it 1200*egt or 2100* i dont remember" Ya know what I mean? so if hes basically the only one drivin it, chip it, if its somewhat shared where someone else drives it a bit, eh dunno. Nobody but me drives my truck, if they do I put the chip in stock and have a little allen wrench in the console so I pull the knob.

Dan

Thanks guys. He's probably just going to go for the edge, because his wife will be driving it too & he said he does'nt want anything to extreme. If it were my truck then yes I would go for the custom tune, but this is his first diesel & he's worried about blowing it up. lol.

it really is difficult to explain everything to people, they hop in, and you say dont touch this knob or this toggle and this light is normal past 30mph (t.c. ind light in my truck) oh and dont go past 30 on this gauge, 1200 on this one blah blah blah, usually they just say, nevermind you drive 8-)

Dan, DP has Valet tunes so that you can prevent someone from going crazy with your truck. Or if I want I can set it to stock and pull the switch.

yup thats what I do, Tony has it too, but I have: stock, hi idle, tow, daily, powertrip, tubzz dyno. If I had a sd that does hi idle automatically id get valet 40mph