• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

I read recently the Big Truck 5.9 Block is the same as the Marine Block, and it is better than the Dodge pickup 5.9 block. Any one know for sure? I have heard the heads are also different. Any one know?

(PREMIUM BLOCK UPDATE)

Jerad

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerad

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snedge

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerad

My serial number is 44826753. The Spc Group no. is 01.01 and the Option no. is bp9863.

Thanks, Jerad

Nope not the premium block. It is a 1993 engine so I wouldn't worry about it being a bad block.

Thank you Snedge. I appreciate your help and information. What is the premium block? What are the applications? How is it identified?

Jerad

Premium blocks have a better casting. Most guys like to find a block that had been cast in Mexico (says mexico on the front behind the gear housing)

or a block with an International harvester logo cast on the block.<>

Most of the best castings were used in industrial or marine applications. Might find one now and again in automotive applications but it's not common.

Jeff

-03 Dodge CC LB 2WD. Edge w/Add.- MBRP- AFE Other stuff that is not stock or otherwise recommended by manufacturer.

-07 Dodge 5.9 CC LB 4WD. Other than exhaust still stock and under warranty.

--------------------

To All: This is some more block information from "Snedge," a Cummins Engine Engineer on CompDiesel. It answers the question about premium blocks.

Jerad