YMMOT

Teenage Drivers

Well my step-daughter found out the hard way why I told her to not turn left on to Meridian Road from the side street Calderwood.

This is what a mid 80's C1500 Chevy will do to a 1994 Geo Prizm.

post-10-145494290927_thumb.jpg

Sad thing is this car had a timing belt replaced, new clutch, new cat, new rear brakes, new rear struts, and new tires all with in the last year. 165,000miles and it was a 30+mpg car.

Car is a total loss. Girl is ok, but will definitiely be sore tomorrow. Later this week I will be taking her over to turn in her license. She doesn't have enough money to buy another car because she spends every dime she makes. Since I don't want to add her to any of my cars to make MY insurance go up, she will lose her license until she is out on her own on June 8.

Oh... the Chevy drove away with only a scratched up bumper. Hopefully that guy doesn't file an injury claim with the insurance later.

post-10-145494290921_thumb.jpg

I'm kind of glad actually... now I don't have to fight with her mother to take away the car. 2.5 GPA first semester and currently at a 1.8. This is a kid that has been an honor roll student every semester except one from 1st until her junior year.

Guest 9812VCTD

Hell a couple new doors a little red rattle can that car will be good as new.......:-? Seriously that is too bad she got in an accident but glad that neither of the drivers were hurt.

Justin

How old did you say she was Tommy? :twisted: j/k

17... Come and get her you can have her. But once you take her she's yours, no return policy.

17... Come and get her you can have her. But once you take her she's yours, no return policy.
:lol:

Glad to hear no one was hurt, and maybe now you won't be so stressed out.

Sounds like she might have a case of senioritis.

:lol:

Glad to hear no one was hurt, and maybe now you won't be so stressed out.

Sounds like she might have a case of senioritis.

She's gonna have a bad case of "boot up her backside" come June 8th.

Senioritis is one thing, but to flat out FAIL because of a total lack of effort. Funny thing is she is sending applications out to college. If she thinks that she is going to college with her current grades, she is sadly mistaken. She'll have to go to bartending college or art school by mail with those kinds of grades.

Well TOmmy I know youre pissed at her, but lookin at that car, you guys are lucky shes not seriously injured or worse.

But on the other hand a boot in the butt might not be a bad idea.

Good luck Tommy

Boot in my ass is what kept me in line.

I bet all that work that she did to the car kinda made it sink in a little? And now the insurance... and no car... hmmm.

Guest ShanesLB7

Man glad everyone is ok... A good boot in the ass might help straighten her out...... Might.....

I'm glad she is ok. Bring her to the Marine Recruiting Office....:)

She needs to have a diploma first....

At this point that doesn't look like it is gonna happen.

Used to be able to get a waiver for that actually. The Army is hurting for people right now, I bet they wouldn't care.

She needs to have a diploma first....

At this point that doesn't look like it is gonna happen.

The marines must have lowered their standards I couldnt join with a ged unless i had proof I went to high school. That I dont have.

Just a little something I looked up:

Education - As with the Army and Air Force, those without a high school education are ineligible. The Marine Corps limits GED enlistments to no more than five percent per year. Those with a GED must score a minimum of 50 on the AFQT to even be considered.