Guest ShanesLB7

MuddY Any one help>......

Guest ShanesLB7

Ok Mudster... I got the beast all cleaned up and polished and waxed...LOL... and I re-painted my fender flares and clear coated them.. Soooo I went to install the killer B quarter panel sticker and holy shit that's hard to do... Can anyone help out a dumbass!!!

Shane

hell yeah shane,,,,,,,,tis a pita to do correctly.

i think mark did a post on advice but i'll ask him to do another.

mark makes it look easy as drinkin beer. :cheer:

Usually you use soapy water and poor it on your side panel then you apply the decal. Make sure its still slipperey and moveable, then squigy out the water with a squigy and a sponge to get water and bubbles out. I believe that is the best way. I think it dries quick too.

Usually you use soapy water and poor it on your side panel then you apply the decal. Make sure its still slipperey and moveable, then squigy out the water with a squigy and a sponge to get water and bubbles out. I believe that is the best way. I think it dries quick too.

x2 on that just put it in a spray bottle rather then just dumping it is what I do

Guest ShanesLB7

Hellz yeah fellas... Thats what Im talking about... Thanks

Muddy I though I saw a thread once where Al put them on his truck too Mine seem to be short??? Is that normal????

Guest ShanesLB7

:thumbup:

but try not to get masking wet,,,makes it hrd to remove.

i pm'ed mark to reply

Tankya....:thumbup:

Any Pic's I've been looking for the last hour!!!

Hellz yeah fellas... Thats what Im talking about... Thanks

Muddy I though I saw a thread once where Al put them on his truck too Mine seem to be short??? Is that normal????

should go top to bottom

yeah your right kmk, a spray bottle would be alot easier. When I put decals on my windows, I didnt have one with just water so I used a sponge I think... I can't remember.

:thumbup:

Tankya....:thumbup:

Any Pic's I've been looking for the last hour!!!

search mjolley for posts and ya can find some of his advice.

i dont think i posted any 3rd gen quarter pics but al's pics are up. ill look and post.

Guest ShanesLB7
should go top to bottom

Negatory goose.... Mine won't even come close... I was holding it about two inches down from the bed rail and it was still a couple inches short....:shock:

Guest ShanesLB7
Well Shane hurry up and get it on! :thumbup:

:nopics

J/k

I hate stickers specially on body panels, pain in the sphincter.

I gave up I was cussing like no tomorrow and it was getting cold and dark!!! Will have to try again tomorrow but if they are too short I don't want to put them on...:nono::-( I would rather have them start at the top of the bed and then roll down over and then to the bottom...:thumbup:

Guest ShanesLB7
When are you shootin to have your truck completely done?

hahaha... Coompletely done... Good question... I am just hoping to get it all back together cosmetically this week.. Going to pull the stock fuel system off next week for my airdog and then four new guages next weekend!!!:thumbup: Hopefully by then I will have a new grille and a fuel tank/toolbox combo!!

Negatory goose.... Mine won't even come close... I was holding it about two inches down from the bed rail and it was still a couple inches short....:shock:

crap,,,,,,,,,,,,,take a quick measurement of the stripe and one of point a to point b.

mustve been a mistke made. we'll get er fixed up :thumbup:

OK, guys. putting stickers on may not be as easy as falling down but it's not rocket science. I'll try to get together a permanent post ASAP to post on this.

As far a s being too short, that one has me puzzled. Muddy and I measured a couple of fenders before we made them up and then I added a couple of inches just in case. (like, she said,"better too long than come up 2 inches short") anyway, if you will pm me a measurement, I can check and see what happened and get them fixed before someone goes postal.

Post coming up on installation techniques soon.

Guest ShanesLB7
OK, guys. putting stickers on may not be as easy as falling down but it's not rocket science. I'll try to get together a permanent post ASAP to post on this.

As far a s being too short, that one has me puzzled. Muddy and I measured a couple of fenders before we made them up and then I added a couple of inches just in case. (like, she said,"better too long than come up 2 inches short") anyway, if you will pm me a measurement, I can check and see what happened and get them fixed before someone goes postal.

Post coming up on installation techniques soon.

Thank for all your help....

Ok so I went and measured and the one I got was 28-1/2 inches long and my quarter panel is 38 inches?? Hope that helps...

Guest ShanesLB7
shane,

i tried to call you.

pm me your shipping addy again. i've got a pckg for ya :cheer:

Cool Beans... Sorry I missed your call my phone fell in the mud so it was in the truck... That must of been your number I didn't recognize.... I will Pm ya!!:thumbup:

Thanks Mudster!!!8-)