• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Uncle Bubba

Need Specs On Rear Leaf Springs

If anybody out there knows off the top of their head or has some of the bolts layin around by any chance I need the sizes on the rear leaf sring shackle bolts in the worst way as soon as possible.

I'm tryin to order the Poly replacement bushings for my truck and the company that makes them says my truck springs are 2 1/4 inches wide but they are not. They're 3 inch springs with a 3 1/4 shackle width. don't know why mine is different then everybody elses out there cause they say these are for the 2500 and 3500 models. So if I can get them the dimmensions they will find me bushings to fit it. But the only way to do this is to tear the spring pack down unless somebody here has the info handy.

By the way, when this is done i should have a full list of stock numbers for all of the polyeurathane fittings available for these trucks. Between Jeggs, Auto Zone and the manufacturer I have been assembling this list for 2 weeks now and were still workin on it. They just started making the coil spring Isolators as a result of all of this.

Take a caliper and measure the part of the bolt that is sticking out of the nut.

Why you switching all to poly bushings? Personally I think these trucks ride rough enough as is!

It's a shouldered bolt, so the shoulder is gonna be a bigger diameter then the threads.

I'm addin helper springs to the rear end anyway, so no matter how rough it rides now, it's gonna be rougher when I'm done on the rear end no matter what. I'm just gettin rid of all the rubber I can while I'm replacing these parts and it will be apart anyway so I don't have to go back and do it later and tear it apart again.