• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

YMMOT

Whine when on the go pedal

Well the mercedes for the last couple weeks has been making a whine sound. Best thing I equate it to was a supercharger.

After some hunting around I found out what it was. Ny EGR had loosened up and was leaking intake pressure. Gotta love cheap fixes. :thumbup:

Here is what it sounded like from inside the care:

th_300Dwhiningnoise.jpg

EGR was required to meet emissions back then.... your 6.2 has one too.... Anything that went in a 150/1500 or smaller was supposed to have one.

Mine doesn't function as I have blocked the vacuum line that actuates it. A blocker plate is coming in the future to make sure there is no exhaust gasses making it back.

Not exactly on topic, but is there some sort of special player for watching videos on photobucket? I always get a flashing screen instead of a video.

My 6.2L HAD one. Mine is a "c" engine, but the "j" engines don't have EGR at all.

EGR was required to meet emissions back then.... your 6.2 has one too.... Anything that went in a 150/1500 or smaller was supposed to have one.

Mine doesn't function as I have blocked the vacuum line that actuates it. A blocker plate is coming in the future to make sure there is no exhaust gasses making it back.

Not exactly on topic, but is there some sort of special player for watching videos on photobucket? I always get a flashing screen instead of a video.

Typically it takes shockwave being installed