• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
YMMOT

Whine when on the go pedal

YMMOT    0

Well the mercedes for the last couple weeks has been making a whine sound. Best thing I equate it to was a supercharger.

After some hunting around I found out what it was. Ny EGR had loosened up and was leaking intake pressure. Gotta love cheap fixes. :thumbup:

Here is what it sounded like from inside the care:

th_300Dwhiningnoise.jpg

YMMOT    0

EGR was required to meet emissions back then.... your 6.2 has one too.... Anything that went in a 150/1500 or smaller was supposed to have one.

Mine doesn't function as I have blocked the vacuum line that actuates it. A blocker plate is coming in the future to make sure there is no exhaust gasses making it back.

JoshH    0

Not exactly on topic, but is there some sort of special player for watching videos on photobucket? I always get a flashing screen instead of a video.

nate    0

My 6.2L HAD one. Mine is a "c" engine, but the "j" engines don't have EGR at all.

EGR was required to meet emissions back then.... your 6.2 has one too.... Anything that went in a 150/1500 or smaller was supposed to have one.

Mine doesn't function as I have blocked the vacuum line that actuates it. A blocker plate is coming in the future to make sure there is no exhaust gasses making it back.

YMMOT    0
Not exactly on topic, but is there some sort of special player for watching videos on photobucket? I always get a flashing screen instead of a video.

Typically it takes shockwave being installed