• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
gonestrokn

Urgent Idaho Hunters

43 posts in this topic

You guys gotta check out this site! I had no Idea this was as bad as it is. There are over 1,000 wolves in Idaho currently reprocucing at a rate of 30% each year! Each wolf kills 2 elk a month for food, and 2 for sport! That's 24,000 to 48,000 elk a year! Our Elk are being exterminated. Check out this site.

http://www.saveourelk.com/

Something needs to seriously be done, we need to exterminate them damn things.....

Problem is in my opinion it's too late and as corrupt as Idaho fish and Game is it would take a miracle to fix it now...

I heard I think on the news acouple months ago that they are trying to take wolves of the indangered species list and that meaning open a draw hunt for them.

Ya, but is just hunting them going to be enough? And how do you go about hunting a wolf? How many who draw will actually be succesfull?

Ya i also heard that they were susposed to make a super tag for them. I have known about the numbers each year for a while now. While working up at tamarack, there was a fresh set of wolf tracks through the village(all the construction site) one morning. Scary! my boss got online and compared a pic to the ones there, and sure enough. wolf. made us think differently at 6 in the morning.....:coal

wolftracks.jpg

Ya, but is just hunting them going to be enough? And how do you go about hunting a wolf? How many who draw will actually be succesfull?

NOPE they are going to have to be enialated... Even if they give out 1000 tags how sucessful are you and killing every year... Have you ever came acrost a mountain lion??? I hunt them with hounds and it is still very hard at that... So imagine a dog that is roughly the same size as a mt lion and can haul ass.... On average a female has how many pups say 5?? Just for giggles.. not sure the exact scientific number... Well a pack may have 15 females.. That's 75 new dogs a year!! I would hunt them if the tag was good for a whole pack!!!:twisted:

I would hunt them if the tag was good for a whole pack!!!:twisted:

Can you say Fully-auto machine gun? :twisted:

The wolves were killed off years ago for a reason. Then some genuis decides to reintroduce a bigger, stronger breed. How does that make sense? I say kill them all.

I lived in the back country year round for a couple years. In the Frank Church, right where they planted one of the first packs. I saw first hand the way the wolf works. I spent almost 365 days a year out in the woods and could of killed maybe 4 wolves. Legal hunting is not going to limit the wolves, going to take more of an effort than that.

Legal hunting is not going to limit the wolves, going to take more of an effort than that.

Which is really sad actually.. They let this get way out of hand.

I lived in the back country year round for a couple years. In the Frank Church, right where they planted one of the first packs. I saw first hand the way the wolf works. I spent almost 365 days a year out in the woods and could of killed maybe 4 wolves. Legal hunting is not going to limit the wolves, going to take more of an effort than that.

Nuf said!!!:thumbup:

Dog Parvo might be a good answer

Good one... Where the hell you been!!!

In Alaska you can hunt 15 with one tag. Some areas are 25. You can buy it over the counter. It is the same for Non-residents too.

Now, now, we are SUPPOSED to be a kinder gentler society more sensitive to the plight of our wildlife. We are supposed to live WITH them and respect their rights....even if they want to EAT us. :lol:

Can you say Fully-auto machine gun? :twisted:

Lots of fun and great sport. :thumbup: Totally useless controling the population though. The only effective control has been 10-80 and its history. Good luck getting that reinstated with the collateral damage it caused.

IDFG will do what it can, but let's remember that the reintroduction process back in 1996 was a federal decision, not a state decision. Our people had no say in this process.

We didn't want them back, but the feds said tough shit, you're getting them.

When the tag becomes available, I'm buying one.

The wolves were killed off years ago for a reason. Then some genius decides to reintroduce a bigger, stronger breed. How does that make sense? I say kill them all.

Not only that.. but when wolves naturally predated on Elk they were a plains animal... When Lewis and Clark came thru there was very little game in the rocky mountains.... So add on that the wolves are 20% larger, more aggressive, and have an easier time predating on elk (sue to the ability to corner then easier in the mountains than plains) and you have a recipe for disaster....

I hunt the Frank Church yearly... yes it will be very hard to hunt wolves...

IMHO they should offer anyone and everyone a tag for $5, residents and non-residents, impose a mandatory report w/in 24 hours of kill and have a 72 hour close order (i.e. the season has no set date but at any given time (when the number of wolves killed is what they want) the season will close in 72 hours... They do this is certain places for lions, and that works...

On a side note, flew over the Frank Church last week... there is a TON of snow up there.

FMJ bullets, in the gut.... no evidence, and they die a long was from where they were shot at...