• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

BlackCloud

more power loss issues..

the other night i was towing a 28ft empty trailer going to pick up some stuff when on the freeway doing about 75mph the truck lost power and then started to sputter.

now having this happen a few times before ive found that if i just let it coast down to about 50mph the power comes back on and all is well.. but this time i got to about 60mph, and the damn tranny limped.

any ideas what causes the loss of power?

threw codes p0101, p0234, and p0700

truck info.

01 lb7, triple dog w/crazy larry, 4" turbo back straight pipe, kennedy airbox mod

P0234 is an engine overboost code. It will cut power until your boost comes down to a predetermined level. Do you have a boost gauge? If so, have you ever noticed your boost when this happens?

I'm not sure why the trans would limp when it didn't have any power. Were you able to pull any transmission codes? Might want to see if you can find a dealership or Allison service center to pull TCM trouble codes. That should give you a better reason what happened there.

happend again this weekend.. this time towing a tracksteer with a few accessories on the trailer. was doing 65 when i hit the i-86 i-15 interchange and lost all power, came back on at about 35mph.

then later in day was doing 40 mph up a small hill and lost power again till about 30mph.

temps were fine, and i need to check to see if ive thrown any codes

any ideas wtf?

put it back on stock and hit the freeway yesterday.. a little over 50mph it lost power, and shut me down till about 25mph (on the god damn freeway) then power came back on and it acted like nothing happened. im at a loss for wtf

*edit* was towing tracksteer

Well, I think it has something to do with your overboost code. When I put the twins on I would get an overboost code if I forgot to disable them, and it would kill power for a little bit until boost came back down to a certain level. I think that is probably what is happening to you. Have you adjusted your wastegate or anything? What kind of boost are you running?

I think max boost stock is somewhere around 18-20. You're making 30 psi of boost with stock tuning? That sounds really high if the wastegate hasn't been adjusted/modified. The outlook uses the MAP sensor to get boost numbers, doesn't it? I wonder if your sensor is reading correctly.

oh, sorry,, thats tuned boost. stock is like 20... but i have not a clue about the sensor man.. im just a dumb construction worker

so i towed a small trailer with 2 atvs on it tonight onto the freeway, truck did not even notice that they were there. so im guessing my problem is load related as well

You're gonna build more boost with a load than you will when you're empty, which leads me to believe even more that it is boost related.