millco

How Can I move / delete the Right side Battery?

I am having trouble finding info on how guys have moved their right side battery. I would like to move it to the left side if I can. I want / need a bigger air cleaner over there so I can get this beast some air. I want a bigger version of the BHAF that I have now. It is definately stopping more dirt for me and I would like to go to a bigger version. Along those lines, anyone have any ideas for a bigger BHAF?

Any ideas?

Summer time is when it's so important to have extra air so in the summer time just run off of a single battery and run your bigger cleaner, when winter rolls around again it's back to the dual battery.

As far as moving it, I would think space to move it to would be the issue. Other then that just have to figure out the new cable lengths and get em ordered. Hold down boxes can be had about any place to mount it in. They even make the hold down boxes to mount under the truck bolted to the frame rails if you wanna get them completely out of the engine compartment.

Well, I have started taking out the right side battery..... Hope that was a good idea. I almost have everything undone and out of there. Only problem I ran into was a hook up for the alternator's output. I may have it though. Daylight tomorrow will tell if I have.

Anyone have an idea of where to get boxes or materials (I'd prefer plastic) to make my own? If I can I will lower the TIPM and put it on top of it. It will be a pain if I blow a fuse; but, hopefully that won't be often.

Guest ShanesLB7

I seen pictures once of a battery that had been moved to back under the bed along the frame rails but I have no clue where I was reading that at???:D

IdahoRob and JoshH moved their 2nd battery to the passenger side frame rail. The kit was the same one the military uses. I realize it's for the GM trucks but you never know. It might work...

Rob

Thanks guys; good info! That is what I need....

By removing it for now, it buys me some time to make a holder that can hold both on the left or opt for putting it somewhere else.

I may put a third one in the bed in a box. I want it to power an inverter for AC for some items I will hopefully be able to add this year. The main item being a full PC system! We'll see how it goes......

Jeggs or Summit, can't remember which sells the battery holder that can relocate it to the frame rail. They showed a picture of it in a past issue of DieselPower magazine.

I started on this the other day..... hope this was a good idear. (Don't listen to her; she said it last time too... 'you did what to a perfectly good running truck'....?)

Well, :roll: ......

Anyways, here's a pic or two: http://picasaweb.google.com/millcosctd/AirFilter

You know it would be helpful if the manual told me what the fusable link was for the grid heater and the alternator. I already knew they were there.....

Anyone know?

Guest ShanesLB7
I started on this the other day..... hope this was a good idear. (Don't listen to her; she said it last time too... 'you did what to a perfectly good running truck'....?)

Well, :roll: ......

Anyways, here's a pic or two: http://picasaweb.google.com/millcosctd/AirFilter

You know it would be helpful if the manual told me what the fusable link was for the grid heater and the alternator. I already knew they were there.....

Anyone know?

Dan I can tell you that if you loose your fuseable link it's a no go.. Mine went out on my 05 and truck died completely.... It was a real pain in the ass... Especially with 19k in tow!!:-(

I blew it. It unbolts from the battery cable. All I had to do was move it over to the right side and bolt it back up! I have it all done for now. I will run on one battery for a bit without a grid heater. I will get on it and see if I can't get a new tray made to hold both batteries over on the left side. I test fitted my model of the biggest air cleaner made. Will almost fit!

http://picasaweb.google.com/millcosctd/AirFilter/photo#5180381595043294370

Oh, well. Guess I get to keep looking. I will find something that will fit the bill......

photo#5180381595043294370photo#5180381595043294370