Sign in to follow this  
xyz123

Fan Spacer/ Puking Power steering

I'm hoping someone has some feedback for a few issues I am having with my Cummins conversion. First I need more clearance between my fan and radiator. To do this I had a friend cut a 1/2 inch spacer out of teflon with a water jet. I am wondering if anyone can think of a reason it won't work? Also my powersteering is airlocked to no end. I can's seem to get it to quit foaming and puking when I stop. I am looking for some ideas. If anyone is in Burley Idaho anytime soon come see me I'd love the help and conversation.

hey john I have been following your conversion on tdr and this fourm I was wondering if your pump might not be working properly on your stearing was it new or was it the original also the fan clearnce have you thought about polyuarthain (sp) tranny and engine mouns to maybe stiffen it up a little also have you done any beffeing up of the frame to keep it from tweaking just a few thoughts dustin

I talked to Ken from Autoworld and he said they can be a pain to get the air out of. I don't know if you read the post from wicked on the TDR but he's got the same problem. I think that the air is down in the pump and that when I start it it is compressing and allowing the fluid to get down and make it work. But when I shut off the rig the air is expanding and forcing all of the fluid out. I've dealt with air problems before and the strange thing is that when I fixed them I'm not even sure what I did. I had an air problem in my diesel benz and spent a couple hours playing with connections, undoing stuff and re-doing stuff. Finallly all my problems went away and I don't know what the cause was to this day.