• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
B-MAN

Fuel in the US eh?

B-MAN    0

I see these posts all the time using terms like "#2" and "BIO"...Where I buy my fuel there are only 3 choices...

1. Gasoline

2. Dye Diesel

3. Clear Diesel

I'll be headed south in less than a week so my question is,...What type of diesel should I be looking for while driving through the USA???

nate    0

That's odd. Whenever I go into Canada they list it as #2 diesel same as here. I have been through Alberta before too.

B-MAN    0
That's odd. Whenever I go into Canada they list it as #2 diesel same as here. I have been through Alberta before too.

Never seen it listed as #2 Diesel...it's just diesel everywhere I've been (I usually fuel up at bulk fuel stations) except for Husky which sell regular Diesel and Gold Diesel for $0.15 more a litre....

Last time I was in Montana I stopped at one station that had 3 kinds of diesel to choose from, I just picked the most expensive:-? assuming it was the best grade and I got the worste milage out of it, that's why I posed this question...

IDPisan    0

Your options for your rig will be ULSD (ultra low sulfer diesel) and your bio options.

B-5 = 5% bio fuel, B-20 = 20% bio fuel, Etc. If you plan on trying out our bio fuels plan on keeping a extra fuel filter with you as it will clean out your fuel system quicker than poop through a goose and may clog your fuel filter.

Red dyed fuels are for off road machinery and illegal to use in our trucks.

B-MAN    0
...B-5 = 5% bio fuel, B-20 = 20% bio fuel, Etc. If you plan on trying out our bio fuels plan on keeping a extra fuel filter with you as it will clean out your fuel system quicker than poop through a goose and may clog your fuel filter.

kewl, I'll keep that in mind, I always have a spare fuel filter with me, maybe I'll make sure to have two,...any issue you know of with BIO and FASS?

B-MAN    0
... How do you like it by the way?

I'll let you know when I actually put some miles on it, I just bought it and it's still in the back seat...Have the truck booked in for the install on Tuesday, It would be nice to have the time to work on my own truck more but for the past 6 months I've been putting in 105 hr work weeks...except for a day off here and there, I work 24 days on and 4 off (which is usually only really 2 days) in the Northern Alberta oilpatch this trip will be my first break in a while... Now I'm getting all giddy, won't get much work done 2day:D

My Home away from home...

depont.jpg

jmono    0

B-man, I think you have a little bit of ice/snow on your truck... It looks a bit nippy there! I thought it was cold here! Welcome to the site BTW! :thumbup::cheer::dodge

Dr. Evil    10
Never seen it listed as #2 Diesel...

Me either - its just diesel.

Pick #2 and youll be fine....

BTW, good to see someone local to me. Ya just missed a good dyno day.