• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

RockinJW    0

Strapped on a Superflow at Custom Auto this morning, did 455 hp, in my lowest tune above stock biggrin.gif Boost peaked at 35psi, which is what it runs on the street.

So we cranked it up to the race tune, couldn't get the dyno to load the charger enough, cause it was still only seeing 36psi boost confused.gif The race tune runs around 47-48psi on the street, only saw 481hp on the dyno. The truck oughta be around 550-560hp I would think.

I'm assuming it just wouldn't load the charger hard enough? I don't know, I'll post the 455 dyno sheet later tonight though.

Dyno operater has never had any real training on the dyno, so he didn't really know how to set it up for this type of truck. Said after the Superflow tech came and trained him I could come run it again, and hopefully get the real numbers.

nate    0

The dyno we use at MMS is the same way. I can hit 35psi real world driving, but on the dyno I was only getting around 28psi.

jmono    0
Anyway you look at it...those are some good #'s out of a powerstroke.

ha ha that's good stuff.

hey its true though ;) j/k Congrats on the rollers. More then I'm making... :smokin

RockinJW    0

I ran a 13.1@102mph and weighed it on certified CAT scales on the drive back from the drag strip and it weighed 7780.

The 455hp/820tq in my lowest tune over stock is good enough for now I guess. I would guess the race tune is over 550

jmono    0

Are you running Hybrid injectors aswell? You have a built motor too don't you? That's some good stuff right there. I like the look of powerstroke, I just don't have the money to make put out the power.

RockinJW    0

Yes, it's a built motor from Wide Open Perfomance.

As for the injectors they started out life as standard hybrid Mini Mes with .007 extrude honed nozzles. That set-up dynoed 470 in the race tune and ran 14.4's at Rocky Mtn. Raceway.

The injectors in it now, are those same Mini Me's with some pretty extravagant internal modifications and some HUGE .012 edm nozzles. The mini me's flowed 238cc, these are just a tick over 400cc I believe.

nate    0

I was just curious, what is considered the limit on power for a stock motor? Someone was telling me around the 400hp point?

What are the weak points that limit it? piston? bottom end?

Not trying to start a Ford vs other engines "war". I'm just honestly curious.

Guest POWERTRIP   
Guest POWERTRIP
I was just curious, what is considered the limit on power for a stock motor? Someone was telling me around the 400hp point?

What are the weak points that limit it? piston? bottom end?

Not trying to start a Ford vs other engines "war". I'm just honestly curious.

A sd would need injectors to hit 400hp. The BIGGEST setback in making power is the injection system. Cant put out enough fuel, to make big numbers. As for rods the concesious is 500 for forged and right around 400 for powedered metal rods. The hpop starts will start to drop off if even just a chip is added.

RockinJW    0

My numbers were 531 at Moonlights, but that was with the stock Mini Me injectors that dynoed 470 here at Custom Auto.

I think Moonlights diesel was a good 60-70hp high that day. There is NO WAY my mini me injectors and GT-38r turbo made 530hp.

Big_Dan97    0

what are your boost numbers on the road, you said you hit 47-48 on the dyno. Are you in the 50s for boost on the road? I dont know ALL your mods, but I think a more qualified dyno op is needed, like you said.

Still kick@ss numbers though

Guest POWERTRIP   
Guest POWERTRIP

Dan reread it.:thumbup:

So we cranked it up to the race tune, couldn't get the dyno to load the charger enough, cause it was still only seeing 36psi boost The race tune runs around 47-48psi on the street, only saw 481hp on the dyno. The truck oughta be around 550-560hp I would think.

RockinJW    0
:) Yeah it runs about 46-47psi on the street. I've got a smaller exhaust housing for the turbo on the way, that sure make it spool a little easier and fix alot of my issues I think.